Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 Buick Coil Spring Options?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LesIsMore, Jun 5, 2012.

1. LesIsMore

LesIsMore
    from Ohio

I have read quite a few threads about using modern springs on the 50s cars, my 52 buick has coil springs all the way around, seen guys use aerostar springs and others on cars of this era, they are cheap and why not cut them if it isnt low enough:) Anyway, anyone do a 52 buick? I have heard 79 el Camino ones for this car. Just want to buy the right ones without bothering the guy at Napa about looking through all the boxes and measuring.

2. csimonds

csimonds

I put 79 El Camino Springs in the Rear of my 50 Super, worked like a dream, and only took about 15 minute!
    Chuck

3. outlaw2230

outlaw2230

want do the same to my 52, did the 79 springs work for you?

4. outlaw2230

outlaw2230

How much did the 79 springs lower your 50?

5. Jodezilla

Jodezilla

Bumping for info.

AND, what about the front springs? There's bound to be something that fits and gives a nice drop

6. jonnyonedrip

jonnyonedrip
    from canada

My parts guy found me 67 full size chev rear spings that fit the front of my 49 buick they were abit to tall. I have started with a two coil chop but I think I will need to cut a thrid off later. Front 49 buick springs are full size with a smaller top coil. For the rears he also found me what seemed to be a match but they trurned out to be to way to weak for the car. I had a pair of old 92 buick roadmaster wagon springs that I had replaced with cargo springs in my DD. They fit perfect and the hight seemed to be bang on for what I was hoping. I hope this may help you.

7. LesIsMore

LesIsMore
    from Ohio

The 79 Elky Springs worked great. Have a look: I am still looking for a front spring option, but I am happy with the stance now.
    [​IMG]

8. LOWLYDE

LOWLYDE

Are those elky rear springs tapered on both ends? Thanks have a 41 Buick looking to lower aswell!! Thanks

9. LesIsMore

LesIsMore
    from Ohio

yes sir and only cost like $60 for the pair. Go for it. They make it low though, I may trim my bump stops some as I assume on a decent bump we are going to hit.

Les

10. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I pulled my stock springs from my 59 buick and went to the wrecking yard and found a set with the pigtails matching. $20 and 6-7 inches lower.

11. Gotzy

Gotzy

I used T5 VW van springs to lower the rear of my old 53 Buick