Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 - 54 Ranch wagon - that's sad

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldCrow, Jul 10, 2012.

1. OldCrow

OldCrow

Wile I was out fly fishing with a buddy yesterday, I happened to notice that the bank of the creek had a retaining wall built from partially buried old cars. I'ts getting hard to ID many of them anymore, but when I noticed a "ranch wagon" fender emblem I had to take a closer look at that one. I'm no Ford expert, but from the online photos I found, I'm pretty sure this was a 52 or a 54. all I could see was the right side and a bit of the nose/grill. Unfortunately, even if someone wanted it, the earth firsters would never let it be moved because of it's location near the creek bank. Not much worth saving anyway. you might salvage the emblem ;). kinda sad seeing it wasting away like that however. how many were originally made?? can't be many of them left.

Russ

2. Ranch Wagon script is extremely hard to find,,even pitted it's worth a few bucks,,they can be saves. HRP

The script on top has been re-chromed.

[​IMG]

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you know what is really sad? this post has no pictures of the car in the riverbank

4. OldCrow

OldCrow

It's hard to wade a river, fly cast, and take photos at the same time. so I seldom have a camera with me ;) . If I go back to that spot I will, however, take a camera with me, and take multiple photos. Perhaps I'll take a crow bar also, and remove an emblem.

Russ

5. you can probably poll it off with your finger tips. HRP

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

When that car was buried...there was no such thing as "earth-firsters"...it was, in all probability, put there to control erosion...and can you imagine what an uproar there would be from "earth-firsters' nowadays if someone wanted to bury cars in the creeks...???

They'd rust...they'd leak oil and gas, their interiors would rot and pollute, the sponge in the seats would deteriorate...it'd be an earth-firsters nighmare...!!!

R-

7. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Now if it has good hood hinges you can put some $$ in your pockets,some hinge rebuilders will pay a C note for a pair of cores.

57Custom300 likes this.
  8. OldCrow

OldCrow

The fishing wasn't that hot …. but maybe I'll be going back after all ;)

Russ

9. 5 years later I located the wagon,the script is now gone. HRP 16729242_1525470960826334_1765859795649111087_n.jpg

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

A bit beyond a parts now!:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. bryanyeskie

bryanyeskie
    from Hixton

NOOO so sad to see this

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. southcross2631

southcross2631

That will buff out.

13. scotts52

scotts52

If it were a 32, someone would drag it out and be trying to build it.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. Danny.What a waste of a good station wagon.Bruce.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. SS-10StrokerAce

SS-10StrokerAce

I agree with scotts52 heck id be swimming out there with a tow strap in my teeth, if not for anything else just to take a look at it!!
    Another lawn ornament to weed eat around lol

Bruce Fischer and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

The fish go to "School" in that wagon. :D

17. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

When I was a kid in the 60's it was common practice around our southern Ohio area. Me and my buddy would ride our bikes to a good spot with a few tools and remove emblems, steering wheel centers and anything else easy to get. I still have some of that stuff including a Henry J name plate, a tri power emblem off a 58 Pontiac and every Buick part we could get off. One time this old bastard come along and give us hell, we threw mud at him and made those old bikes kick up some dust! Had to find a new spot after that- good times!!!