Register now to get rid of these ads!

52-54 Ford Hood Hinges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SledAddict, Feb 19, 2013.

1. SledAddict

SledAddict

The hood hinges on these cars suck. Does anybody have an alternative hood hinge design? Or possibly used hinges from another car on these?

Also, if someone has a spare set available, please PM me. I need to replace mine. I have already posted in "Wanted".

Thanks for the help

2. rdstr29

rdstr29
    from minnesota

I have a used hinge from a 52 Ford (I think 52-54 are the same) I was going to use it on my 53, but sold it. I want $25.00 for it + postage. It is in good shape. Give me a call John 612-751-8582 . I'm kind of new to Hamb and not sure how to respond to threads.

3. Get in touch with Flat Top Bob,,,OWENS AUTO SALVAGE WELLINGTON TEXAS 800-798-2581

He's a hamber and has helped me with a lot to 54 parts. HRP

4. big M

big M

'52-'54 Ford and Mercury use the same hood hinges. As you have found, these are prone to failure once corrosion enters the pivot points.

---John

5. I use a 2x4 when I want the hood to go all the way up. Can't tell you how many times I have banged the back of my head on the hood.

6. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

x2 for calling bob owens... he's the man with the parts

7. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

bobs the man to call...i wish someone would either make new ones or figure out away to use something else....

8. SledAddict

SledAddict

Thank you HRP.

All I need now is a driver side hood hinge. Anybody have one laying around?