Register now to get rid of these ads!

52-54 ford Headlight questions.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StanDaManTX, Mar 3, 2010.

1. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

Ok guys I have a Merc I am doing a little custom work too. I need 52-54 Headlight inner and outer rings. My question is, are the 49-51 ford headlight bezels, the same as the 52-54? Will the 54-54 inner trim rings work with the 49-51 outer rings? Also, what size headlights fit the 52-54 inner bezels?

any info. would be greatly appreciated.

2. Wait...are you wanting french 49-51 ford headlights or 52-53 fords? '54s are a kind of pot metal I've heard and also have a different outside appearance. I fairly certain the 52-53 inner won't work with 49-51 because the mounting clips....this is all if you're talking ford. 7" inch headlight.

3. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

these are the rings I am talking about 52-54. [​IMG]

4. Those'll work :). Are you going to try and put those inners with some 49-51 outers for a tunneled effect?

5. Dragon Wagons

Dragon Wagons
    from SLC, Utah

You don't want the 54 they are pot metal.

On a side note: Buick also went from stainless in 53 to a pot-metal headlight surround in 54. Was there a supplier in Detroit selling pot-metal for cheep in 54?

6. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

I think some of the pot metal parts was a trickle down effect of the korean war.

7. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

Well I am not sure now what I am going to do. I was planning on putting a grill in my 63 that doesnt quite fit and work some trim rings around the 4 headlights. I love the look of the rings I posted, but now I understand That my car uses the smaller headlights. The trim rings with my car wont work for the application of my new grille. They are shaped to fit around the stock one. Now I am wondering if I should use 62 Galaxie rings instead! :confused:

8. I got what you mean...I think what you may need is the old Chrysler Cordoba headlights. I think they were 5 inch.

9. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

yeah, those are sweet. but i would need an outer bezel. Those are just inner rings right?

10. Yes...just inners.

11. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

those would definately work if i could find some outers to fit around them!

12. What if you just did some radical thing and made it look a little more like a 63 Imperial?

13. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

yeah, now you have my wheels turning. Never even crossed my mind with chrysler stuff! hmmm those might be cool. keep the suggestions coming you are really helping me to think outside of the box.

14. carnut341

carnut341

The headlight rings that you picture are from a 53-54 Merc. They were the only ones that were perfectly round.

15. StrickV8

StrickV8

if you're looking for 52-54 Merc, i might have what you're looking for. i'll look this weekend.