Register now to get rid of these ads!

History '51 vs '52 chevy grill and surround

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by anteek49, Oct 4, 2013.

1. anteek49

anteek49

not bright enough to post pics but one of these years has chevrolet stamped in the top bar of the surround,other years is smooth.Which years was plain? Do the bolton teeth interchange? I'm plannig a custom grill and have a very different idea in mind.

2. 5DeuceSled

5DeuceSled

I have a 52 with a 51 grill. And the top is stamped with "Chevrolet" My buddies dad has a 52 (not sure if its stamped) and he has 5 teeth in his. Not sure what kind of teeth they are.

3. cosmic12

cosmic12

My 52 has the smooth top section I have seen a 49 and 51 and both had the embossed letters on them which leads me to believe 52 was the smooth year. The parking light are all different also. I think the teeth will fit all the years the bottom 2 bars appear to be the same. Also if you can use the bottom bar in the center of 50 to 52 if you don't want the teeth as they have no holes. The center bar on a 49 is different because of the round parking lights.

4. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

51 has the Chevrolet embossed 52 doesn't. The teeth will interchange, but why? The center bar is so clean it looks custom without the teeth. The park lights on a 52 are longer than a 51 but they too will interchange.

5. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

52 is smooth up top, teeth fit but you have to drill holes. Parking lights took some grinding to fit, just a little. I prefer the 51, looks cleaner to me.

Posted using your moms typewriter.