Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 Plymouth belvedere hardtop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WhiteDevilsCC, Mar 8, 2012.

1. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

I was just wondering how many people on here have one or know someone with one? The only other one I've seen on here belongs to glendale. I know they are rare, but with as many people as there are on the hamb there has to be more than two. So if you OWN one or ACTUALLY know someone with one please post a pic I would like to see them. Thanks

2. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Hey, dont forget about me,
    we talked about them once before......:D

3. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Sorry about that I did forget. So that makes 3 total that I know of.

4. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

The last time mine saw daylight was waiting for the tow truck to go from my apt to my new house, gettin real close to starting on my build, just had alot of life getting in the way and collecting parts, hopefully at least start the tear down this summer....

9X74

Attached Files:

5. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Im sure there has to be more than 3 of these cars here on the hamb.

6. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

i know theres at least one more, i talked to a guy on here that had one and was gonna chop it but i cant remember his screen name......heres some pics of some kustom belvederes ive collected just to keep the thread going...

Attached Files:

7. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

found the info on the 50-53 mopar thread.......

frmula505's...

Attached Files:

8. I had a 52 Belvedere Hardtop. I still have the rear window that I swapped for the back half Of a station wagon

Attached Files:

9. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

I love the belvedere wagon concept! Fuckin awsome...

9X74

10. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Those pics of old kustoms are great. I started this thread to see just how rare these cars are. And to see how many are actually around today being driven or worked on.

11. I started that build in 1999 and it sat outside rusting . It's always been 2 or 3 projects down from getting back in the shop. I had 90% of the pieces to finish. Including over four grand in Chrome parts. Had a customer (now a friend) that was in love with the concept. I sold him the Chrome and gave him the wagon. The chassis is done the drive train is in, the patch panel and rust issues gone. All in just a few months. I am so glad to see the car saved..

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

So am I ,I love the concept and the look...we need to see some new update pics!:D

13. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

So as big as the hamb is and there are only 3 of these cars and one that use to be.

14. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

I think so man, i did a bunch of searching one time and didnt find much, even searched a bunch on google and only saw a few even within the restorer type guys.

9X74

15. Terraizer

Terraizer

I have one, its got 49K org miles, i bought it from my father about 8 years ago and he bought it in 1981 from the org owner a 80 year old lady that was the mother of my grandparents next door neighbors. Dad started to redo it in the mid 1980's but didn't get to far and thats how i got it, hopefully soon i will get to it. I know of a 1952 Belvedere local that was broad sided in the 1970's, i need to go see if i can buy it.

16. I was at a rod run and one of those fine folks had a restored 52 Belvedere and had all the big posters and claimed there were only 15 left in the United States. I told the gal to change that to 14 and showed her my wagon. she just about shit herself. couldn't believe I could cut one up

this is the update
    1. leaving my place
    2. chassis blasted and painted
    3. all floors. fire wall rockers and patcth panels
    4. different angle
    5. 50 plymouth dash, much cleaner looking
    6. top half of left and right rear fenders, no skirts for this one
    7. going with 64 dart slant six, floor shift automatic, and rear end. bucket seats
    8. slant six has headers and will end up three side draft webers
    9 the winshield opening.
    this guys a snow bird (flys south for the winter) won't be back till june

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. That's some funny stuff right there.

18. Here's my first car....a 53 Belvedere hardtop

19. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Did a little change up on mine. Just thought I would show you guys that are following this.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Looks rad man i was wondering what these would look like with 60s style wheels

9X74

21. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Hey thanks I really like the way it looks. Needed a change from the hubcaps.

22. no bux rod

no bux rod

FYI,

I saw a 51/52 hardtop for sale in Greenville, SC on 4/4. It is located on US25 (White Horse RD.) on the NW side of town between I-185 and US123.

N B R

23. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

My gramps bought a new 51 Suburban for my dad and yellow w/black top Belvidere for hisself, both went down the road around 58, they were pretty rare back then.

24. blacksix1

blacksix1

I have one that was my Great gram's. Given to here by my Grand Father. It has 40k on it never restored. We drive it every summer to get ice cream. On paper i am the original owner. They always ran the car on a dealer tag. Witch a funny story cause I'm 38 and the car is 60 years old. Ther is NO rust on this car. The cleanest old car i have ever seen. It sat in a barn for 40 years, a fuel pump and a set of points is all it took to put her back on the road again. We are missing some chrome pieces. They were sent to a chrome shop that burnt to the ground. still on the hunt for replacements.

Attached Files:

25. corvair63

corvair63
    from denver

here is a buddy of mines 51 with 54 desoto quaters on it [​IMG]

26. knoxbrendon

knoxbrendon

Man I'm digging the desoto quarters on it that thing looks bad ass

27. blacksix1

blacksix1

So if we only count 4 or 5 belvederes what's that make them worth?

28. Rattaxi48

Rattaxi48
    from ohio

my grandpa and i have one. had 12,185 miles on it when my dad found it. still had the orignal tires on it. sat in a garage for 30+ years . only some surface rust on the front fenders where the sun came through the garage door windows. brought it home and had it running in a day or two. repainted the bottom half light green and rubbed out the dark green on the roof. during the summer it get driven every where. dont plan to do much to it when hes gone . maybe hop up the flat six, lower it a bit ,and drive it to death. have to look for some pics most were lost in the great computer crash last year.

29. eppster

eppster

I have a friend who deals in old cars, he has, I suppose, three hundred restorable cars from the 30's thru the 60's. Every once inawhile I'll take someone over there and give them sort of a history lesson. I was over there last year and stumbled on what I think was a 52' Belvedere ,in all my years I had never seen one before!

30. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

I'm glad to see a few more piping up around here.