Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 Merc and por15 oops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48flyer, Jan 7, 2014.

1. 48flyer

48flyer

OK, guys. here's the deal. The guy who owned this car before me, decided to undercoat the entire bottom with por15. Upon doing so, he spilled some of the por15 on the paint in a few places (single stage enamel)
    is there any way to get this stuff off, without damaging the finish underneath?
    Thanks for your thoughts

Attached Files:

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

3. plynch

plynch

I had the same problem with one off my cars. I was able to pick a corner of the por15 and peel it off on a heavy drip or run, the lighter stuff like a fingerprint or smear I buffed and got it cleaned off. I like the idea of using the nib file or similar mentioned in another post that sounds like it may work well

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

1500/2000 grit wet sand paper on a hard block followed by buffing

5. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

ANY way of removing this is risky. I personally would avoid a razor blade, and stick to chemicals, patience, and buffing...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

7. 48flyer

48flyer

Thanks for the info guys. I didn't even know those run razor tools existed. I thought about trying a razor, but know I am not steady enough to do it by hand.
    I'll look into that.
    I might also add, that the guy who painted this thing didn't get near enough paint on it, so that is a concern as well, when it comes to color sanding and buffing it out