Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 51 ford

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by cfnutcase, Sep 3, 2013.

1. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Well here is my 51 as it stands now. I have rounded all hood corners, peaked the hood, frenched the headlights about a half inch, frenched 57 chev truck turn signal lenses in below the headlights. I smoothed the original bumper which is just painted silver until such time as i can afford to have it rechromed, has floating kaisar grill bar, custom grill shell made from exhaust tubing, the front of the hood i felt was a little too bubble looking when looking at it from the side so i split the peak up the front and sectioned it and brought it back about a half inch to make it look a little more sleak....i then moved back to the doors, rounded the door corners welded fenders to the cowel and rounded corners there blended all together shaved door handles and all side chrome, did away with driprails used round rod and ran it from the front of the A pillar all the way down the C pillar and down the top of the 1/4 eleminating the seam there and continuing that peak to the 54 packard taillights. The 1/4's were stretched 8" to install the taillights and then i used wheelwells cut from another set of front fenders of a 49 ford to build the rear wheel wells the rest of the rear 1/4's are 100% hand built from 16ga steel that was formed over my leg and a piece of pipe in the shop. I used a 50 chrysler stationwagon rear bumper that i narrowed 12" and shortened 8" in the rear with a 49 chev license plate guard. I did all this work in about 1 year. The car has a ways to go yet but i am driving it and enjoying it for now, I will get back to work on it this winter when show season is over. I won best custom at Greaserama this past weekend, that was a huge suprise and a big thrill for me as that is my cant miss show of the year for me, it is by far the most fun show and the biggest gathering of great people I have ever been to. If you have never been......GO!!! Jim.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

My god, I love those taillights... Ohh - and never let a chick pose in FRONT of a car. It's disrespectful to Mrs. Detroit... and I promise, you don't want to piss her off!

3. sweet lights. keep up the work

4. williebill

williebill

Looks good. Like the rear wheel openings a lot.

5. Lots of hard work in this one for sure. Got any shots in progress?

6. skooch

skooch

Those taillights look so right on your car! Don't think I've seen this done on a shoebox before.

7. Mo rust

Mo rust

Hey Jim, congrats on winning at Greaserama. You'll never have to worry about going to a show and having another car that looks just like yours park beside you. At least not until someone copies yours!

8. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files: