Register now to get rid of these ads!

'51 Ford 2dr seat belts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luis.garza, Jun 14, 2009.

1. luis.garza

luis.garza

My wife wants me to install 3 point seat belts (preferably retractable) on the car... my question is, has anyone on the HAMB done this and how did it come out? I'm thinking of attaching the seat belt webbing to the seat frame instead of the door pillar... do you all think this would work/be safe? Thanks for the info.

2. Ole don

Ole don

I bought a three point system from Julianos for my 55 Ford sedan. Very nice people to do business with. Buy the long parts offered for the center and bolt them just to the outside of the tunnel. The retractable part went down just behind the door opening. The shoulder part went to a home made nut clip that went where the original gab strap was on the B pillar. I made the hole a little larger through the rear window garnish moulding. It looks nice, the B pillar is already strengthened where the grab stap was, and they fit OK. To make the shoulder part lower, welding in the B pillar would be required.

3. luis.garza

luis.garza

Thanks! Will definitely look into it!

4. fms427

fms427

I installed retractable 3 point in my 47 - reinforced B pillar to mount turn loop , retractor at base or door opening.

Shoulder belt can be attached to seat back - late Chev trucks as well as others are like this - but seat back structure and seat mounting to the floor must be much stronger to handle loads (not to mention seat back must latch). Not recommended - a LOT of work to make safe.