Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 F-1 question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Billy the kid, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Does anybody know if the 3/4 ton front axle and spindles are the same as a 1/2 ton? Can I put 1/2 ton hubs and brakes on 3/4 ton spindles? Has anyone ever done this? If so, what years are the same?

2. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

3. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

My Ford parts book that I got with my 48 F1 shows the axles to be the same part number for the Models "C", "J", "T" and "TL". This book also shows the spindles to be different between the Model C and J.

If the axle is the same then both types of spindles should fit. The spindles do use different kingpins.

I know my F1 is a Model C, I just don't know if the F2 and F3 are also Model C of if they are Model J. I'll try and find out which Model the F1, F2 and F3 are.

4. Thats close to what I need to know. Thanks.

5. hatch

hatch
    from house

Pretty sure none of those parts fit on a Triumph....

6. Very true... ...but I do have a welder and a set of torches.

Another possible project. I passed on the Pontiac. My buddy's got a 51 he just pulled the flathead out of and was going to scrap the rest. I told him i'd give him scrap price for it. If nothing else i'll just part it out.

7. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

How good are the fenders and cab? There are plenty of people looking for even moderately rusted pieces for these.

What kind of Triumph(s) do you have? I have a '69 Bonnie and a '98 Trophy.

8. This was a running driving truck a month ago. My buddy sold the motor out of it to fund another project. The front fenders are saveable but not perfect like the cab and doors. No joke the cab and doors are so clean it's not even funny. It also has new brakes and lines, not even a month old. All the glass is good. The trans is still in it too. Thats gonna be the first thing to go if someone needs it. I really don't like this particular year as much as the others and I don't need another project, but I couldn't stand to see it loaded up on it's way to the grave.

No Triumphs left now, just sold the last one to a guy in California. I'm always lookin for another one though. The last two I had were both 1970's one TR6C and one T120.