Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 51 Dodge truck steering wheel adapter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by husker, Apr 22, 2014.

1. husker

husker

Well I ate a bit to much chicken over the winter and now my fat gut does not fit well in my 51 Dodge truck. I am looking to put in a smaller wheel until I get the weight back off so i need an adapter for the stock steering column. Does anyone know a part number for a grant adapter by any chance?

2. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Why don't you go to the Grant website and look it up? My son ordered one for his 62 Chrysler, its probably the same number, but its not here. Gene

3. husker

husker

Thanks Gene. I did search the Grant site with and emailed them prior to posting here. No response yet.

4. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I see the Grant web site doesn't list anything for a Chrysler product until 1961, suppose that means there is something different about them. The hub kit for my son's 62 Chrysler New Yorker is #4310. His has a 3/4" hollow shaft with the wire for the horn coming up through the hollow shaft. I don't know if that one would work for your truck or not. Gene