Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 51 Chevy pickup rivnuts in inner door skin.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Rudolph, Mar 4, 2017.

  1. Rudolph
    Joined: Feb 4, 2017
    Posts: 7


    What are they called and can I replace them ? And can I buy them ?

    Anybody know the sizes of the door card and access panel bolts?

    Unfortunate had two that didn't come out.




    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  2. yes, you can replace them. they are called D-nuts and any old ford parts supplier will have will have to figure out the size

    ford parts on a Chevy? they will never know. i'm sure the vintage Chevy parts suppliers have them too
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  3. osut362
    Joined: May 15, 2013
    Posts: 31

    from East Texas
    1. Upholstery

    Most all of the old Chevy truck parts venders has them. I had some break and drilled them out and rethreaded the holes. If memory serves me correct they are 1/4x20........Al
  4. Vimtage Iron
    Joined: Feb 28, 2010
    Posts: 554

    Vimtage Iron

    I believe they are called cage nuts, Ace hard ware has a selection in the pull out drawers in the nut and bolt section, I'm pretty sure Chevs of the 40's has them also.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.