Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '51 Chevy build journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by robleticia, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Damn man ! Maybe this will be the end of your vehicular mishaps ! Just be glad you weren't in the same place at the same time on your bike !!!

2. robleticia

robleticia

"Just be glad you weren't in the same place at the same time on your bike !!!"

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->TRUST ME when I tell you my wife has already made this VERY clear!!! haha!

3. Car looks great. Sorry about the truck.

4. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Got your shirt, thanks man, looks awesome. Wore it while welding yesterday and didn't even burn it.

5. glassguy

glassguy

awesome metal work !!!! car looks soooooooo good!!! all that tack welding sucks, but not as much as the grinding when your done !! lol thats when i wish i had a flunky !!!! haha

6. farmer12

farmer12

Got the shirt Rob, awesome. I wore it the next day! Thanks bro.

Attached Files:

7. robleticia

robleticia

^^^you better have some shirts made when your car is finished, i will pick mine up when you take me for a ride!

8. robleticia

robleticia

Well, my little girl had two soccer games today but I managed to get into the garage and get a little work done. I got burnt out on the roof so I went back and finished up a few loose ends. I still needed to do some rust repair on the rockers and door bottom on the drivers side. I also needed to fill the holes in the rear fender from the rock gaurds. I cut out the bad section on the dooe and welded in a new piece. When I did, this key fell out of the door. Probably the ignition key I didnt ever have! Too bad I already changed out the ignition!Anyway, I finally got a little something done!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  9. robleticia

robleticia

The key...

Attached Files:

10. robleticia

robleticia

And last I scored a Nicson intake this weekend, guess that Fenton repop is coming out!

Attached Files:

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

Nice... the rust repair looks good!! Glad I don't have to do any! :D

Dig that intake also!!!! How cheap will the fenton repop be? :D

12. Looking good rob , You guys in Texas have rust issues as well . We rodders in the great white north have this misconception that everything in the deep south is clean and dry . Not that your dealing with the same issues of us I am just making an observation . You think mines bad check out Fitzee here on the hamb . Hes in Newfoundland and they are even worse than us on the mainland . Andy...

13. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Man, that chop looks, keep it up!!

Lets go for a drive!!!

Attached Files:

14. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

15. ^^^ i second that^^^

16. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

It looks great man, you're not too far from us in Texas City...... We should go out crusing when I get my car back.

Sam

17. robleticia

robleticia

Thanks! You car is looking great too!

No updates, spent the weekend at Racrdad's block sanding the Belvedere

My car aint going anywhere, but I'm down for a ride in yours!!! Let me know!

18. robleticia

robleticia

Well, not much progress but i welded up the front bumper holes and since the factory bracket had to be cut off so I could suck the bumper up close to the body it was time to cut it loose from the tack welds and fab some new brackets. Still need to bolt it back on and get after it with the grinder, but progress is progress! Finding time to work on the car is hard right now with all the kids activities, come on winter!!!!

Attached Files:

19. robleticia

robleticia

Made a little progress on the cat walk and the C pillars. Its getting there, going to have to go over it one more time, but I have metal work to do, so its good for now!

Attached Files:

20. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

21. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

22. Lookin good! I like the door and trunk gaps, nice job

23. robleticia

robleticia

thanks guys! Choppa~getting the trunk gaps right were a nightmare, especially along the bottom! They all still need a little bit of "final adjustment"

24. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

nice thread ... wish I had taken more pics of my work ... got too wrapped up in it I guess. Luv the chop! I'll be glad to get mine back from the interior shop.[​IMG]
    Everytime I get one done ... I think of several different ways I should have done it ... Glad to be on here seeing these great rides saved and built. Keep up the great work.
    Gadget

25. fbama73

fbama73

When the spirit is truly upon you, it's HARD to remember to stop and take pictures along the way. Since I'm running the blog on mine, I have to keep reminding myself. I've finally gotten to the point where I don't go to the shop unless I have my camera with me, because I know if I don't- I won't go allo the way back into the house to get it.

26. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

very true fbama ... I will try and take more of my AD build. Nice work on your build as well.

27. farmer12

farmer12

Looking good Rob! Got the same problem you have....kids have autumn holidays, so progress is slow.

28. robleticia

robleticia

^^^^
    True, its hard to remember the camera when you get caught up in the work, thats why some of mine are cell phone pics!

^^^^
    Thanks farmer. Man....its always something....school activities, music lessons, sports......the list doesnt stop!! Oh well, wouldnt be the same without them! oh yeah, have you mailed off those adoption papers yet? Lets get that finalized before the first drive in your car! haha!

29. oh yeah, have you mailed off those adoption papers yet? Lets get that finalized before the first drive in your car! haha![/QUOTE] I think you'd have to fight your new sibling for the right to call shotgun in that ride Rob. :D

30. robleticia

robleticia

^^^^^^No doubt! Eric's car is awesome!