Register now to get rid of these ads!

50s East coast dragracers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terrarodder, Jun 12, 2012.

1. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

[​IMG] <HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title -->
    <!-- message -->We are looking for any car that might have been raced at the Lehigh Valley Timing Assoc. drags at Convair Field Drag Strip in Allentown Pa. The strip was only run for two years, 55 and 56. We have a display in the America On Wheels Museum in Allentown Pa.and would like to find a different car, to loan, to put on display. If you know anybody that might be able to give us a lead please let me know. I know thats a longtime ago but you never know, maybe somebody knows somebody that has one stuck away in a barn somewhere. Thank You

2. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

I'm not the only old guy outthere, surely somebody knows of an old drag racer. How about Don Goughnor, I think he was a member of the Gents Roadster Assoc. of York, PA. He ran a chopped and channeled A two dr. with a rear engine flat head.

3. Have you talked to Darwin Doll ?

4. .......Jack is right. Darwin Doll would be the man to talk to about this.

5. What about EJ Kowalski ??