Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 507 Coupe goes StreetWeek.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tmfcracing, Aug 21, 2019.

1. tmfcracing

tmfcracing
    from Sweden

D6836C01-B998-46A1-AA57-BE77F93A8ECE.jpeg Hi Fellas :)
    I’ve been out of the hamb for a long time but some of you hardcore hambers might remember I did a build thread while doing my 32 5 window over here in Sweden.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/martin-ford´32-5-window-build.621405/

The car was done 2014 and I had it shipped over to America . Went to a lot of shows at that summer and attended GNRS and Sacramento Autorama in jan-feb 2015 before shipping it back to Sweden.
    Darold had it stored in his amazing Vintage Ford shop during that time while I was back home between the shows.

I drove around summertime 2015-2017 and had fun attending gatherings and shows around Northern Europe but “The Thing” happened in July 2017 .
    A bunch of guys arranged the first European version of Drag Week and they named it :
    StreetWeek Sweden.
    Its a week with 5 different racetracks and you have to drive between the races in the racecar and bringing tools /tires and so on.
    Total distance around a 1000 mile.
    Dragweek is 1/4 racing , this StreetWeek is 1/8 mile racing.
    I didn’t run it 2017 but everybody talked about it and all the guys who did said it was the best thing ever happened in the car-scene over here.

I was hooked and autumn ‘17 I started to prep the Coupe .
    Together with my buddy Tomas we now done 2 years in a row , ‘18 and ‘19.

With this thread , I like to share with you guys a thing hard to beat . The use of a hobby car and the scene at past and following Street Week events :)

Were sending Live and racedaily updates at Facebook page “ 507 Racing “

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome back @tmfcracing...looking forward to your sharing your racing events and quite frankly any Hamb friendly material you care to share...

Always enjoy the adventures in Hotrod/Custom across the pond...;)

Links to your other material are great but do share pics and vids right here as many do not stray from Terra Firma Hamb

Texas Webb and deadbeat like this.
  3. This looks like fun.:)

4. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to hear from you Martin,Sure miss your great build threads!

5. brady1929

brady1929

Welcome back. Be safe.