Register now to get rid of these ads!

$500 Barn Find Arrived today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corndog, Dec 16, 2011.

1. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Well its not a 32 roadster but still worth the $500 I paid for it. :D It is a 1952 Caddilac 4-door sedan. It actually came out of a barn on a farm. The man who sold it to me is 84. It was put in the barn for a water pump in 1964 and never came out again. The radiator is out of it but is in the back seat. At some point someone must have figured it was going to stay in the barn for a while as the inside reaks of moth balls. I have it sitting on the street in front of my house with all the windows down...and its 34 degrees here today! Its all there including the 331 V-8 engine with 4-barrel and original batwing air cleaner. But its a 4 door sedan and needs too much work for me to fix it, so I am either going to part it out or sell it to another HAMBER who has more ambition than I do. Thought you guys would enjoy seeing some more tin(actually heavy steel) that was found...

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. i like, but dont need and cant afford another project. but what ever you do please dont part it. sell it complete.

3. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

You did real well for $500. Where in Indiana are you?

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

agree X2

5. adamshumard

adamshumard

What "work" does it need? Looks far too nice to part out.

6. Looks pretty solid for your neck of the woods...sell it complete...shouldn't be too hard to improve on your investment, even though everyone knows what you paid (or at least what you said you paid)...

There are classifieds for this though

7. kerrhill

kerrhill

I agree - sell it whole.
    Where are you in Indiana? I am just north of indy. Would you be interested in trading for an awesome old vespa scooter?

8. I Think It's A 1953 Cad. JMO

9. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

is it a stick shift?

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

How about letting us know what it would take to get it from you. You never know when another HAMBer might be looking for a project and a 4 dr. Cadillac doesn't carry quite the stigma that a cheaper brand does.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

Great find! Lets see it all cleaned up!

12. PR51

PR51

I'm with the others, doesn't look like it would take much and she is ready to go... just don't have the funds to take it off your hands... it still just doesn't seem like it would take much to get her running. Please don't part her out she is too pretty and ready to go!!! LOL

13. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

oh what a sweet deal, enjoy it!

14. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Please don't part it, many of us love the old barges and nothing finer than Caddy, what do you feel you need to get for it?

15. greg ducato

greg ducato

Nice score, I hope someone keeps this whole and makes a cruiser out of it

16. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Title says it is a 1952. I think you guys are right...better to keep it complete. When I said part it out I was thinking someone would want to buy the engine. It needs rocker panels mostly. Dont know what the floor is like yet as it just came to my house about 2 hours ago. Not that it matters, but I actually did pay $500 for it plus another $100 for the tow. It stinks inside the car so I am not going to investigate it much for a few days until it airs out some. Dont know if the motor is free but am guessing it should turn over. The car is located in Northern Indiana close to Michigan state line, middle of the state about 2 hours from Chicago.

17. Definitely a '52, given the front end trim...

18. adamshumard

adamshumard

Pick a price and I bet its gone very shortly.

19. bradshaw

bradshaw
    from ontario

Nice Ride.....Nice Price too!

20. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

My 53 = Different Grille/Bumper than that 52

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  21. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

How many miles on the odometer?

22. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Sure would be cool all cleaned up and made drivable. More-door Caddies of any vintage are cool but these pre-55 cars are my favorite.

23. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

I love it!!!
    Great save, at a good price to be all complete
    I always wonder whose it was and who rode it?
    Never know?

24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I understand the stink from sitting. Dug my Grandmother' old '50 Plymouth out of long time storage after she passed. It was in a basement garage for years after she reluctantly gave up her license. It was a 4dr with one of those weird stick/automatics and suffered from a lot of maintanance neglect the last few years she drove it. It stunk like a moldy/wet dog inside and my cousin who ended up with it probably spent his entire summer earnings on air fresheners trying to make it tolerable. In the end it left on the cable of a scrap yard wrecker after his mother tired of looking at it when he left for college.

Frank

25. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

Another vote for not parting it out! I know how it goes everyone says save it but no one comes up with the cash.

26. henry29

henry29

Were are you in Indiana?

27. azsnow

azsnow

Price it and make a profit! If I could get it here, I would buy it for sure, I love those old Caddys!

28. bob cutler

bob cutler

Wow nice find guess i dont see were all the work would be at, since one of my projects came out of a scrap iron pile, take your time and build it. Love the more doors.

29. The37Kid

The37Kid

It takes time to part out cars, and you never do sell everything. Put a price on it and let someone bring it back to life.

30. tjmercury

tjmercury

Nothing wrong with a four door caddy, easier for more people to get in and out of without thumpin their heads!