Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 50 years of "Playing ON the Freeway"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SanDiegoHighwayman, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Speakin of nightmares, many times folks have asked me -- "don't you worry about gettin hurt or killed doin what you do?"

Well yeah, I think about it ------ and for more then thirty years I had a recurrin nightmare where I was onscene, at a freeway incident, and all of a sudden BLACKNESS! :O

Then I'd wake up --

Always thought that dream ment that *I'd* GO suddenly --

Turns out, since Beulah's demise, in August of 2011, I HAVEN'T HAD *that* nightmare agin -- I'll likely die peacefully in my sleep ------- it was the nightmare of losing Beulah! -- my lifelong "companion" That I'd put SO much blood, sweat, & tears INto building -----

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblo...an-diego-highwaymans-rig-totaled-in-accident/

2. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

[​IMG]last night @ the downtown car show -- FIRST TIME Shela's ridden in Beulah since her "demise" in August of 2011

Beautiful pic! thankee kindly Randy :cool:

LOTSA folks took pics of Shela sittin up & smilin broadly while we was parked @ the show -- "She" was REALLY happy to be out in Beulah agin!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  3. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

I originally gave $35 FOR Beulah! She was sittin in a vacant lot in OB -- front end wrecked - and being used as a community trash gatherer :( She had broken windows -- she'd HIT a nother vehicle or had been HIT by another vehicle [ likely an intersection crash ] and the whole front clip was set off about a foot to one side :( but she RAN

Found a 56 Vicky front clip @ a Brown Field wrecking yard for $50 and with *that* and a LOT of work, and other parts, I had a running, mechanically SAFE vehicle! Looked like shit, w all the different colored doors and front end -- got pulled over LOTs by CHP -- for safety inspections -- this was back in the day when they did that ;) Always seemed to irritate em when they couldn't FIND ANYthing wrong w her ;) :confused::D:cool: The day she got her paint job those incidents stopped :p Can't really blame em however ;) She really DID look bad till she was done painted.

4. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Thomas Weller shared a memory.
    25 mins ·
    It don't take much :) ----

06/08/2013
    I just wanted to let everyone how blessed I felt that hot morning that I ran out of gas on the 163 north. I had to go to court that morning my sons father was evicting me from the home, I had been on disability for 3 months from my job with a back injury but hadn't received a check, I had no money but couldn't miss court downtown. So I just tried to make it from chula vista. I made it there but on the way back was a different story. I was stuck on the side of the freeway no phone, no water very hot no money! I didn't know what to do. I just thought I would sit there forever. I really felt hopeless. Then I looked in my rearview mirror and saw ghostbusters! I thought I was seeing things. Then there was a man at the passenger door asking if he could help. I told him I was out of gas and he said that's no problem I can help you and before I knew it he was back with gas I was overwhelmed I gave him a big hug and he said that was worth it. He gave me his cards jumped in his car and was on his way. I got in my car in tears overcome by his kindness on this horrible day. I looked at his card and couldn't believe it since then I have told everyone I meet about the highway man some know of him. Others can't believe he exists. To you mr. Highway man I say this : not too long after I was running errands , I passed by several timesduring the day and noticed an old car with its hood up in the parking lot, after the third time I pulled in and approached the car. A young man shaved head covered in tatoos kinda scruffy looking was under the hood. I inquired about his troubles he said he had been there all day he needed a part he had to wait for his friend to get off work to get a ride to the parts store. Being a woman alone my options in helping him were limited. I opened my wallet took out a twenty and your card and gave them to the man, I told him I can't help much but maybe this will help he wanted my address to send the money back but I just waved wished him good luck and went on my way! Love ya highway man!

2 Years Ago
    See Your Memories

[​IMG]

Doreen Virtue
    October 7, 2014 ·
    You are always teaching by example, wherever you go. You are always doing healing work, through your loving energy and prayerful thoughts.

[​IMG]

5. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

As we grow older, and hence wiser, we slowly realize that:

Whether we wear a $300 or $30 watch - - - they both tell the same time.

Whether we carry a $300 or $30 wallet/handbag - - - the amount of money
    inside is the same.

Whether we drink a bottle of $300 or $30 or $3 wine - - - the hangover is
    the same.

Whether the house we live in is 300 or 3,000 or 30,000 sq. ft. - - - the
    loneliness is the same.

And we realize our true inner happiness does not come from the material
    things of this world.

Whether we fly first or economy class, if the plane goes down - - - we go
    down with it.

Whether we fly first or economy class, if the plane reaches its destination
    - - -everyone arrives at the same time.

Therefore .. . . we should realize that when we have mates, buddies and old
    friends, brothers and sisters, with whom we can chat, laugh, talk, sing,
    talk about north-south-east-west or heaven and earth -- that is true
    happiness!

Six Undeniable Facts of Life:

1. Don't educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be happy, so
    when they grow up they will know the value of things, not the price.

2. Best wise words: "Eat your food as your medicines. Otherwise you have to
    eat medicines as your food."

3. The one who loves you will never leave you because, even if there are
    100 reasons to give up, he or she will find one reason to hold on.

4. There is a big difference between a human being and being human. Only a
    few folks really understand that.

5. You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die. In
    between, you have to manage!

6. If you just want to walk fast, walk alone; but, if you want to walk far,
    walk together!

Six Best Doctors in the World:
    1. Sunlight
    2. Rest
    3. Exercise
    4. Diet
    5. Self Confidence
    6. Friends

Shelasticker 018.jpg

55 Ford Gasser likes this.
  6. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

>chuckle< :eek: I like how the special effects has the road runnin Over my face --

Sometimes, these days, by midday, I feel like I've been run over by a truck -- my git up & GO's gotten up & WENT :rolleyes:

7. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Where go the years?

Down what tunnel of time are poured the precious days?

We are young, and the fires within us burn bright.

All the world lies before us and nothing is too great to be done, no challange too awesome.

Then suddenly
    the days are no more, the years are gone, and the time that remains is little indeed.

Make USE of those days you have left -- help others on *their* journeys --

8. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

9. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

10. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

There are ALways *those* who feel "entitled" and will be angered and offended to be told "no"

Thomas Weller I had a SCUMBAG transient place these nails against my tire tread, parked @ the OB dog park, so the when I backed up to leave, all 3 punctured -- causing my tire to blow out on the I-8 EB @ Spring St where I had to change the tire IN the CD in heavy traffic after -- a friend of mine Bob Hall saw me there and went around to come back to see if *I* needed help? *this* was the *SCUMBAGS* "revenge" for me NOT helpin them [ giving her gas in the parking lot ] for a THIRD time! [ her pitbull threatened Shela @ the park's entrance ] and I said no. Scumbag maybe thought this was funny?! *I* call it ATTEMPTED MURDER! [ and reported it as such to SDPD then :p :p :p The tire deflated suddenly, and sent me fishtailing - swerving across several lanes before coming to rest safely IN the CD where Bobbie saw me -- this happened back in 2011 --
    [​IMG]
    Like · Reply · 18 mins · Edited
    [​IMG]
    Thomas Weller
    GRRRRRR!

11. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

A ray of SUNSHINE! [ MUCH needed "LIGHT" -- if you will :) ]

went OUT to "play" toDAY w the Merc -- been languishing @ home with out it all last week. she'd been laid up @ Valley Transmission w a leaky one [​IMG]:( got so bad it was leavin a trail [​IMG]:(

HADta DO sumthin about it finally [​IMG]:( [​IMG]:(

Left it off Monday mornin bright & early -- I was a worryin about how much it was gonna cost me [ times are lean just now and my "playin" has had to been cut back already due to bein short of funds [​IMG]:( ]

Didn't figure on bein ABle to "play" much fer a coupla months at least --

Got "the call" from Paul to "Come GIT her!" Had my "witch" drop me off -- went into the office to take care of the bill --

Complete overhaul!

He handed me the bill, I looked at it, then LOOKED aGIN!!!!

Nuthin but zeros!!! [​IMG]:) [​IMG]:)

He said "NO BILL FOR YOU!" [​IMG]:O

THANK YOU GREG, PAUL, AND FRANK !!!!

I kin afford to "PLAY on the freeway" some MORE!! In this, my 50th year of doin ---

https://www.facebook.com/sandiegohighwayman

Buddy Palumbo and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  12. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Thomas Weller shared a memory — [​IMG]feeling blessed.
    49 mins ·
    One never knows, the DIFFERENCE one can make, day by day [​IMG]:)

1 Year Ago
    See Your Memories

[​IMG]

Thomas Weller
    October 26, 2015 ·
    went "out to play" fer a while

headed WB I-8 JWO the I-15 on the RS there's a beatup [ usta be white ] Ford Tarus w a gas can sittin on it's trunk lid and a torn up tire leanin against the back bumper
    [ BOTH universal signs of distress ]

I'm not positioned to safely land there, so I "goaround" from Texas, back EB to the I-15 and then finally back WB to come up behind em lit up fer pertection.

fella drivin is takin female passenger to hospital - -she's sick -- they've had a BO [ he'd changed the tire already and the donut was on the car ] AND then run OOG as well

Gave em some

gave the fella one my addy cards as well cause it looked to me like they weren't in any shape to "buy" anuther tire, and I've still got 3 15" tires left out behind the barn -- told him if he could git out to me I'd have a tire for him --

i'm gonna havet to hit up JYK fer some decent 15" tires if he has any -- I'm gittin kinda shy of em since I retired from "workin" my stock of "emergency" tires is depleatin as I give em away and some I've hadta *throw* away as they've become unsafe to "give* agewise

Well, NOW - he's ready to "launch" and there a sudden loud series of noises behind us as several cars strike and drag some plastic storage containers that had flown outta the back of a small pickup approachin our position!! ONEa the cars strikein & draggin em neata swipes the Tarus as it heads for the RS -- then the plastic comes disengaged from under and the car continues down the road -- beHIND my Merc, the small pickup comes onto the RS and stops short -- to my relief -- of hitting it -- WHEW!

young gal gits out and starts walkin up pickin up pieces of the busted containers as she comes -- I pick some up as well outta the slow lane next to us as the traffic allows and toss them over onto the RS median -- she picks them up as well

She'd not had any tiedowns on her load, not knowin what the wind kin do, and didn't have any so I gave her some of those that I carry fer JIST these kinda situations and we strapped down the load t-geather -- sent her on her way w a Via Con Dios as always and onea my addy cards as well cause she insisted she want to return my bungees TO me - She DID, they arrived t-day, priority mail, they were HERE when i returned from *tday's* "playin on the freeway"

nice thankee card included

to wit --

Dear Angel,

Thank you for your light and assistance today when helping me tie down some of the items to the back of my red truck on highway 8 west Fri. 9/20
    I am inspired by your mission to spread peace on earth.
    I cannot thank you enough for your kindness today and would also like to thank you for being a light for the rest of us.
    You prevented injury to others and helped me very much.
    Sending you peace and appreciation,

Jessica

went roundabout some more - -over the bridge & thru the park -- a coupla other assists - and I meet my bro fer lunch @ the denny's @ clairmont square - we're havin lunch on the patio -- where Shela is a welcome guest as well and I notice a fella out in the parkin lot takin pics of the Merc - he looks over and sees me & Steve and allows as to how I'd stopped to help him on the road recently NICE fella, from the Chechen Republic in Europe -- said he'd been "passin it on" since

He went inside and commandeered our lunch check and paid it

there's more to yisterday's story -- but my mind's goin blank

kinda tuckered jist now -- gonna haveta go siesta fer a while

BTW -- THANK you! *Junk Yard Kid* [ here on the HAMB ] for yer support! :) :D:cool:

AND to all you other fellas and gals, who've helped and supported me in my life's "mission" as well!

I couldn't have done, all that I DO, without YOU!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  13. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Yesterday --
    Yesterday, out "Playin on the Freeway", headin home, I came across *this* young fella havin a REAL bad day [​IMG]:(

He'd had a blowout [ layin in the back of his truck ] and THEN -- he had ANUTHER one on his RF that destroyed his fender as well! [​IMG]:(

Said he had a tow [ insurance ] on the way so i left him a bottle of water and because it looked like he was havin a streak of bad luck ...

See More
    [​IMG]
    fella down on his luck [​IMG]:(

youtube.com

14. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

from back in 2012 --

well, all righty then forum friends -- keep an eye on yer local supermarket tabloid stand by the registers -- ya might see someone ya recognize soon :? :lol:

had a REALLY GREAT day t-day!

...See More
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    +2

15. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

16. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

17. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

This is something we should all read at least once a week!!!!! Make sure you read to the end!!!!!!

Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio .

"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 42 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I've ever written.

My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short – enjoy it..

4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.

9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

10. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.

11. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

12. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

13. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it...

14 Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

15. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.

16. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

17. It's never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.

18. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.

19. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

20. Over prepare, then go with the flow.

21. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

22. The most important sex organ is the brain.

23. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.

24. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'

25. Always choose life.

26. Forgive but don’t forget.

27. What other people think of you is none of your business.

28. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.

29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

30. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does..

31. Believe in miracles.

32. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

33. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

34. Your children get only one childhood.

35. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

36. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

37. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

38. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have not what you need.

39. The best is yet to come...

40. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

41. Yield.

42. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."

Jim Bouchard likes this.
  18. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

19. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Hey Man keep it comin, you da "Synchronicity" Hombre in some of these peoples daily lives.
    When I need to get a shot of humility, your thread is one of the things I read and think about.
    Keep up the good works Brother.............FSF

SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  20. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

THANKEE FSF :)

The world kin BE a difficult place to survive -- specially when one is growin older -- it's been a "long and winding road for me since "Beulah" my lifetime's "project" was *killed* --

Liketa see this place agin, while I'm able, hopefully next year -- it's been 14 years since last we've BEEN there [ last "vacation" we've had -- 2003 ] IN the Merc, as *CUMFIE*
    CumfieBigSur.jpg

Even ON "vacation" we stopped numerous times to help others we'd come upon broke down or stranded ---

Cumfieonbridge.jpg

*MY* "church" is the HIGHway --

*MY* "cathedral" is BIG Sur! [ Where the redwood "pillars" hold up the sky!

and *THIS* is where I'd liketa BE agin -- before I die --

...See More
    [​IMG]
    Deetjen's Big Sur Inn
    Deetjens Big Sur Inn is a unique and historic hotel and restaurant situated in the redwoods on Highway One in Big Sur, California.
    DEETJENS.COM

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    Flat Six Fix likes this.
  21. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

It's GOOD to know I've left my mark :cool:

Thomas Weller
    October 30, 2012 ·
    come across this

12/31/04

Thomas, I met your son a few years back on crest road right before the "S" curve going to harbison canyon when my friends front wheel on his el camino broke all the lugs off. at the time we both had long hair and looked a little scummy, and he was the only one to stop and offer some help instead of floor it and swerve around us LOL like most did. He gave us a ride down the hill in the other direction then he was traveling [ went out of his way ] to my house and would not take the few bucks we tried to offer him. Nice guy.
    Chris

just now in sortin thru somea my correspondence from over the years -- made me proud -- my daughter's been a firefighter - EMT as well

22. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

my MOST favorite "THANK YOU" recieved in 50 YEARS of doins!! Littl Whitney DREW this for me in response to our "meeting" ON The ROAD on Forth of July weekend 2004 -- and LOOK where she placed Shela! I treasure it. [​IMG]:)

4 Years Ago
    See Your Memories

[​IMG]

Thomas Weller
    October 31, 2012 ·
    http://snowchains.tripod.com/sandiegohighwaymansweblogonli…/

[​IMG]
    "On the Road" with the San Diego Highwayman
    July 5th 2004, I was on a beach area freeways "search loop" when I encountered the family, portrayed here in the drawin by littl Whitney, w their stranded minivan, at the sunset end of the I-8 WB. They were visitin San Diego from San Jose for the 4th of July holiday and were stay...
    SNOWCHAINS.TRIPOD.COM

23. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

11/2/2016 Updated review :)
    Waxing nostalgic bout the birthplace of Phil's BarBQ on Goldfinch --http://www.philsbbq.net/about.html --
    When *I* discovered Phil's, it was because of publicity generated by the folks flocking to his establishment to partake of his delectibly delicious ribs!
    The original location was a shoebox of a tiny storefront, sandwiched in between an actual shoe repair business and a open air nighttime cinema showing classic films
    The crush of crowds was a problem for the Mission Hills neighborhood -- also the smoke was bothering his neighbors.
    Success was killing him w complaints -- the line of folks wishin to order often times reached aROUND the block and the traffic generated became a problem as well -- tiny dining area inside, and only several small tables outside on the sidewalk were ALWAYS filled w folks nackin on the ribs & chicken w folks often standin-waitin to sit --
    *We* [ wife and I ] developed a method to ease the madness for ourselves as we would call in our order -- and in the time it took to drive in from El Cajon, it would be ready as we arrived and the "take out" line was MUCH shorter!
    Due to the jammed inside tables, and the few outside always being packed as well, we took to bringing our OWN folding picnic table, which I would set up outside w a red tablecloth and a rose in a glass vase -- we sometimes brought friends in our distinctive old 56 Mercury Ambulance to partake of Phil's mouthwaterin joys w us, and one memorable time, we were priviledged to encounter an OPEN parkin spot diRECTLY in front of Phil's whereupon I deftly manuvered my treasured ambulance to the curb and set up our table to receive our anticipated repast while my wife and friends went in to pick it up,
    We're sittin, enjoyin our feast, when a fellow barbq lover approaches me w comments bout my Merc @ the curb -- he converses w me about it as we're finishing up, and remarks about it's uniqueness and condition --
    You should have SEEN his crestfallen look as I cleared & folded our table to stow in the rear of the ambulance :confused::oops:!
    Turned out, he was waiting-hoping to secure that table for *his* family who were waitin in line for their food -------
    I MISS the old - original location -- it was UNIQUE and required some expertise to enjoy properly
    Ah, the memories --------------------------------------

Flat Six Fix likes this.
  24. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

:) As I come to the end of my "HIGHway" -- I have memories like these to remind me of the GOOD times I've had in 50 years of service TO others [​IMG]:)

4 Years Ago
    See Your Memories

[​IMG]

Thomas Weller
    November 4, 2012 ·
    Saturday, I'd noticed a small "rice rocket" type import on the RS of the SB SR163 in the park -- no one there - it had a CHP orange tag on the back windah so I didn't stop initially -- passin it a coupla times on turns thru the park and over the bridge -- then, I got curious and stopped to investigate -- RF had mini [ mickey mouse ] spare on and it had only 25 PSI in it and the lowered car's front valance was touchin the ground and I could see damage to it's lip edge so I aired the spare to 60 PSI [ which raised the valance an inch or so that it would clear ] and slipped onea my cards in the driver's side winda and left -- passed it a coupla times more thru the day and THEN, comin upon it last time, there was anuther rice rocket behind it so I lit up and stopped -- second rocket was fella's GF bringin him to git the first BUT he'd left it late the night before, thinkin he had a problem cause a the noise and scraping after changing the FT he'd had on the RF -- [ the low spare causin the valance to hit ] they were stymed by the battery bein dead from leavin the hazards flashin the night before and he was gittin the battery out to git it charged when I pulled up, jumped it for em and told him bout his spare bein so low before bein the cause
    Tried to pay me he did w his gratefull handshake [ money in his hand ] didn't let em of course he was estatic and swore he'd be "passin it on" henceforth

Shela got her run & play & sniff @ the dog park in OB -- & we headed out agin for a while

Coupla other routine assists, then, I'm headed back to the ranch and I encounter a Expedition EB I-8 JWO Spring St in the CD w a LR FT BO -- shredded, w a trail leadin up to it -- GLAD it was the LR & NOT onea the RS tires as the traffic was whizzin close to us even tho I'm FULLY lit and workin -- many drivers STILL don't GIT the "MOVE OVER" law!
    anyways - I ask driver if he kin git the spare down whilst i concentrate on jackin & changin and he gits TO it as I do -- hasta deal w his bike carrier - luckilly he's got onea them that folds & flips away from the hatch to git it open lowered the spare down to the point that I could help him manuipulate it to git the cable outta it and slide it out from under after I'd raised the axle on the L side -- gottum goin safely [ here's to YOU KSM -- AGIN -- for that GREAT SnapOn impact! wouldn't have had room for use of a star wrench here w proximity to K-rail & all ]

then, w my Merc's HI TEMP beeper screamin from the time sittin idlin [ quit all right once we got movin ] - I launched mself and beat it home to the ranch to jump inta a cold shower & cool off mself

aNUTHER GREAT day!

25. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

endofthetrail.png well, after today's events -- looks like I'm gonna HAVEta call it quits :confused::oops::( -- just can't *keep* doin anymore w my old cars --

Maybe, it's just, *time* --

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  26. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

*THIS* toDAY -- IS the end for ME --

[​IMG]
    The Doors - The End (original)
    Doors song The End full and uncensored
    YOUTUBE.COM

homas Weller https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ugiIPbgJ4s
    [​IMG]
    Downtown [​IMG]:(

Drove downtown today to find a chemical co…
    YOUTUBE.COM

[​IMG]
    Thomas Weller
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqseMuIaM6c
    [​IMG]
    At the Coronado Bridge Hdqtrs -- some friendly CalTrans fellas
    YOUTUBE.COM

[​IMG]
    Thomas Weller
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGjAtDI7obI
    [​IMG]
    determining the rest of the course of the day --
    YOUTUBE.COM

[​IMG]
    Thomas Weller
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vQrc7fhDj4
    [​IMG]
    hobblin home, i spot this fella --
    look closely, on the RS, in the shade, as I pass w traffic arranged so i *can't* stop…
    YOUTUBE.COM

[​IMG]
    Thomas Weller
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LHTdPnqLsc
    [​IMG]
    MJPG0018

YOUTUBE.COM

“The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast,
    and you miss all you are traveling for.”
    Louis L'Amour

SO -- I WENT BACK --------

[​IMG]
    Thomas Weller
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJUb_Q0tagY
    [​IMG]
    MJPG0019

YOUTUBE.COM

[​IMG]
    Thomas Weller
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FUv1-GRd6E
    [​IMG]
    MJPG

*note* for those who care -- I'll be fillin in the details of my *last* day's "adventures" soon :confused: too depressed just now :(

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  27. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Thomas--we are with you, even if we don`t post much. Don`t forget that your life and the love you give to others through your service is something to treasure and feel good about. Keep on being who you are, and let God make the move for that final ride when it`s time.....AND NO! IT`S NOT TIME YET!!....:D:D Bless you.....

28. Hope you let us hear "the rest of the story". Best wishes, whatever it is.

29. Good Luck Thomas...Enjoy the time you have left,you have certainly earned a rest..I have enjoyed reading of your exloits...God Bless!

30. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Thanks fellas Friday's misfortunes have had me down in the dumps [ havin a pity party for myself :p ]

anyways -- here's some musings from the past ---
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ramblins from the Highwayman's Roost

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Home
    Page Title
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thomas t Highwayman's "20"
    [​IMG]
    "Playin on the Freeway"
    Title: Funny thing happend on the way to the forum this afternoon

10/27/2006 03:52 PM

Went out earlier then normal today to do some shoppin and some "playin". Hit the REI for some Thorlos, took my bro to lunch and checked a problem w his car, then headed to the "Dusty" via "once thru the park" and over the bridge to Coronado -- goin to --SB-- I noted 2 vehicles on the NB GP where Washington WB joins 163 NB -- sooo -- comin back NB I'm "set" to react if they're still there -- they ARE -- so I make a lightining quick manuver in behind them w-out upsetting the traffic flow --[ JUST enough room on the shoulder for my rig ] and inquire as to the prob -- FT on the womans vehicle who had called her son to help her -- HE called AAA on discovering WHERE she was w the FT! AAA was due to arrive momentarily so I bade them adu and QUICKLY "exited stage left" to clear the arena.

On to the "Dusty" where Shela had her romp, dump and chase -- -- nosed a few noses and sniffed a few tails [ SHE did that is ]

Then -- hit the road once more and decided to pass thru the park and over the bridge again -- stopped to assist a family w a FT SB 163 on the RS in the park and was politely rebuffed in that "help was on the way, thanks" so went merrily on my way -- rendered aid at a 2 vehicle TC -- no injuries, thankfully -- hit the bridge over and back and while decellerating into the 5 to 1 lane merge from 1-5 NB to 163 NB I noticed a small car ahead of me running on a nearly flat "donut" spare -- well -- I got on the PA and informed the driver of the hazard and he promptly went to the RS and stopped -- whereupon the tire separated from the rim WHEW It was the SAME family I'd met SB some time before!! The person who'd changed their tire for them had forgotten or not bothered to AIR the spare!! A few moments longer and they would have been out in hi-speed traffic w a tire off the rim

THEY were blown away that we should "meet" again -- as was I course I HAD air for them and sent them safely on their way. WHEW whoda thunk

"Fate is the Hunter" was the name of a movie w Glen Ford [ about an airplane crash and the inconsequental { taken separately } chain of events that led up to it ]

I was thinkin of that as they drove away.

10/27/2006 05:53 PM
    Sierra Lady

That Highwayman angel was sitting on their shoulders today!
    SL
    -------------------------
    and mine's riding "shotgun"

10/27/2006 09:46 PM
    SnowtigerDaniel

I counldn't FR understand a QRS what you were LMNOPing about.

10/27/2006 09:52 PM
    Sierra Lady

I guess after years of reading his posts, I've figured most of it out:

NB = northbound
    SB= southbound
    FT = flat tire
    GP = gore point
    RS = right shoulder
    TC = traffic collision
    PA = public address system
    AAA = the "Adam Henry" who didn't put air in their spare!!

SL

10/27/2006 09:56 PM

SnowtigerDaniel

OK. Got it!

10/28/2006 05:50 AM

The Highwayman

------------------------
    Originally posted by: SnowtigerDaniel
    I counldn't FR understand a QRS what you were LMNOPing about.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Trust in SL Clairafy she will Yoda she might be [ vertically challenged crack this IS ]

Good things come in small packages

Thanks MLady

10/28/2006 08:36 AM

Biker395

AH - Adam Henry. Hehe. I'll have to remember that one.

Good job, Highwayman. It's a good thing you were around the second time.

10/28/2006 09:41 AM

Sierra Lady

You're welcome, Highwayman...I gather I got them all right?

It also helps when you have a map fanatic/scanner buff/ham radio operator husband around that uses all those acronyms, too!!

(P.S. to B395...SG used to use "AH" when dealing with one in the field. Those are the letters he'd use over the air on the radio, for obvious reasons, when the dispatcher would ask if he needed back-up or not!)

SL

10/28/2006 02:16 PM

XpbbobkanobiX

That HWM is AOK

10/29/2006 06:43 AM

The Highwayman

Well -- thank you kind sir

Highwayman ROBBED!

Topic Title: I HATE THIEVES!!!!!!
    01/27/2006 06:33 PM

The Highwayman

Went out to my "mini SAR rig" [ 87 Toyota hatchback FX16 ] this morning to run some errands.

Noticed the glove compartment door hanging open - thought "gee that's strange" THEN noticed the cell phone missing so went inside to ask "witch" if she'd borrowed it for some reason -- NOPE -- went back out and noticed other things missing as well, THEN thought about popping the hatch to check the SAR gear in the back mostly all GONE

I had unlocked the door to get in, so SCUM with a KEY did this -- older Toyotas are kinda notorious for having few key combinations and when our previous similar one was stolen -- it was WITH a key -- "witch" had forgotten to "club" it and it had been used in a week long crime spree before being recovered by PD for us.

Thank my stars the club was ON this one or it would have disappeared as well

Well, that sinking feeling set in and I called the PD who showed up to take a report and left with a list of items that would be identifiable if found -- I'm checking the swap meet this weekend myself :l

Needless to say I'm PISSED and WOE to that unlucky scum that I might find with my gear as it has taken me YEARS to accumulate. I SHOULD have listened better to Shela -- she TRIED to tell me

Little "scooter" NOW has alarm system

01/27/2006 06:42 PM

southbayboarder

Sorry to hear for the loss of your equipment. Sucks that people steal. Hope you find your equipment or are able to replace it through your insurance company. Good Luck!

01/27/2006 10:32
    skibum4now

Sorry to hear that, Highwayman. Why do bad things happen to good people? At least your vehicle wasn't stolen.

01/27/2006 11:17 PM
    Sierra Lady

Big bummer.

Karma will take care of them...what goes around, comes around (as you know!).

SL

01/28/2006 11:55 AM
    Biker395

Damn, Highwayman ... I'm sorry to hear that.

Sierra Lady's right. It's small consolation, but they'll get theirs. A night in a cage all alone with an amorous gorilla sounds like suitable punishment to me.

I'll profess some ignorance here ... what is SAR equipment?

01/28/2006 01:11 PM
    The Highwayman

"biker" -- SAR is Search And Rescue -- what I do on the highways, freeways, and back-country mountain roads -- I don't "hike" the backcountry -- "TOFTS" but mainly stick to the roads, although the "rig" HAS been on unpaved fire roads and trails a time or 2

The "gear" lost included my EMT first responder kit, an air tank with multiple accessories, a 12 volt booster - power pac, a 12 volt electric impact wrench kit, foul weather gear, a signal wand flashlight, a cell phone, a hand held air horn, and various other items [ some of which I'll discover in the near future I'm sure as I have need of them ]

Have been to the local swap meet and pawn shops today with descriptions of some of the more identifiable gear and Diane Bell mentioned my loss in her column in today's Union Trib

01/28/2006 03:29
    Flaskman

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "TOFTS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehehe...cracks me up.

Bummer about your loss, I hope it won't stop you from doing your thing. What awesome karma you must have, I bet you get most of it back.

01/28/2006 09:33 PM

SkiSomalia
    Your cell provider might be able to trace the location of the phone via GPS. It might be worth looking into.

01/28/2006 09:41 PM

Watersurgeon

Sorry to hear about your lose. Bottom line it sucks.

I might recommend the 2WSS-AS in the future.

Alarm

That way when there breaking into your rig your going to notified by a page and you can take the emmediate and approriate action to protect your property, what ever that may be

01/28/2006 09:57 PM

Sierra Lady

50 lashes with tire chains, perhaps?

SL

01/29/2006 06:43 AM

Biker395

Aha! Search and rescue ... that makes sense. I won't bother telling you all the things I thought SAR might mean.

01/29/2006 08:01 AM

Sierra Lady

Have you ever clicked on The Highwayman's website in his signature line and read about what he does to help people (not just his custom chain installations)? It's fascinating!

SL

01/29/2006 02:32 PM

The Highwayman

THANKS! for the good wishes folks -- as you can see from the Karma CAN be a bit<h post --"karma" works -- at least this time

Don't usually GET to see it as soon

01/29/2006 10:36 PM

Biker395

Thanks for the tip, SL. You're helpful as always!

So, Highwayman. You are a road angel instead of a road agent, eh? And what a RIG! If I found myself piled in a heap of snow out on some lonely road and you appeared out of nowhere in that rig, I'd think I either entered the Twilight Zone or was about to meet my maker. What a great sled!

You have it exactly right ... there is no feeling in the world better than helping someone when they need it. It's actually addictive, no?

That's it. I don't get down to SD much, but the next time I do, I'm going to impose my nosy self on your graces.

Oh, and BTW ... congrats on catching at least one of the thieves. Swift justice is sweet justice.

01/30/2006 09:00 PM

The Highwayman
    quote:

------------------------------
    Originally posted by: Biker395
    Thanks for the tip, SL. You're helpful as always!

So, Highwayman. You are a road angel instead of a road agent, eh? And what a RIG! If I found myself piled in a heap of snow out on some lonely road and you appeared out of nowhere in that rig, I'd think I either entered the Twilight Zone or was about to meet my maker. What a great sled!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One CHP who came upon me in the night at an incident said "you look like something from outer space -- I could see you a mile away!" -- helps keep me alive, playing on the freeway, as I do
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have it exactly right ... there is no feeling in the world better than helping someone when they need it. It's actually addictive, no?
    ----------

----------
    That's it. I don't get down to SD much, but the next time I do, I'm going to impose my nosy self on your graces.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Be it warm, we can "set a spell" on the porch -- be it cold, you can warm your hands on my "balls"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh, and BTW ... congrats on catching at least one of the thieves. Swift justice is sweet justice.

Seems like leads developed from this case are helping to solve some other cases as well I'm told -- that DOES feel good thx "biker"
    btw -- the "balls" are the BRASS ones on my Franklin stove

01/30/2006 10:12 PM
    moreSNOWplease

Someone stole my girlfreinds goggles from McCoy a few weekends ago.

I mean nothing pisses me off more....

Biker395

Hey there Highwayman.

I've had my car stolen a couple of times. On one occasion, the car was parked in a San Pedro parking lot while I was attending a funeral at sea. LOL. Only *I* could have my car stolen at a funeral!

Interesting too was my reaction. What?! My car is here .... I've just forgotten where I put it. <quick glance around reveals no car in sight>. Oh, I know ... it's hiding under some other cars in the parking lot. <checking underneath other cars>. Maybe I'm in the wrong parking lot? <Quizzical countenance>. Maybe a friend took it as a joke ... because they needed it? Maybe I forgot to set the parking brake and it rolled into the ocean.

It actually takes a long while for ignorant saps like me to figure out that the car was actually stolen and ain't coming back.

Then, the realization that not only is the *car* gone, but all of the things inside of it. A scanner. A SSB CB. A stereo. A radar detector. In fact, my car was such a POS, I think they stole it to get all that stuff ... in particular, the scanner ... for nefarious purposes of course. They also got a car seat and some diapers.

And, oh gawd ... my daughters little kitty doll. That's gone too. She was crushed.

The car went missing for over a month, and the insurance company was about to declare it a total loss, when it was found abandoned somewhere in San Pedro. My daughter was with me ... hoping that the kitty would still be there.

And it was! The thief actually had a heart and left the doll in the back seat. Maybe there is a *little* honor among theives.

I told my colleagues at work about it. One had a sage comment:

Next time, hide the scanner in the kitty.

01/31/2006 08:32 AM

The Highwayman
    Humor is the armor with which we are able to cloak ourselves to handle the loss and yours is great thanks "biker"

01/31/2006 05:40 PM
    cloud9driver

re: "Have been to the local swap meet and pawn shops today with descriptions of some of the more identifiable gear and Diane Bell mentioned my loss in her column in today's Union Trib"

I read that article last Saturday, and it really got me bent out of shape (not that you were not). To think of all the good things you have done over the years. By the way, we have bought chains from you awhile back. You were really helpful when we needed them as well. Anyways, we will be mailing in a little something for you to help repurchase some of your equipment. I also went on to a El Cajon news site and passed the word as well. There are those out here who appreciate all that you do. Keep up the good work and don't let the a**h***s get you down.

Cloud 9 Driver
    Fleet/Safety Manager
    "I do know all the answers, but I've been sworn to secrecy."

Title: Karma CAN be a bit<h ;)
    Topic Summary: I GOT him -- the thief
    Created On: 01/29/2006 10:58 AM
    YESSSSSSSSSSS

Went to the swap meet today, walked through really FAST looking, and just as I was almost done something caught my eye -- something of MINE that was stolen last week

Perp's arrested felony! --

The *one* item recovered [ he was asking $20 for it

ALSO got him for stolen vehicle --

01/29/2006 11:26 AM
    Oopsie_Daisy

No way! For real? That RULES.

Give us more details. Did you hogtie the perp with duct tape and then call the fuzz?

DO NOT MESS WITH THE HIGHWAYMAN.

01/29/2006 11:27 AM

Oopsie_Daisy

(And did you sneak in a quick kick to the nuts?)

01/29/2006 11:49 AM

cheapski

Right on!

So the big question is...did you use Z cables or ladder chains on him???

01/29/2006 12:36 PM

Oopsie_Daisy

Or Spyder Spikes? (Owww!)
    ------------------------
    01/29/2006 02:25 PM

The Highwayman

quote:
    Originally posted by: Oopsie_Daisy
    (And did you sneak in a quick kick to the nuts?)

As much as I would have enjoyed doing so, I didn't touch him other then to thwart [ with my hiking staff ]his initial advance on me when he realized I was arresting him.

When I first noticed my item, I made conversation with him about being at the swap meet and asked how he'd got there -- no car in the spot he was selling from -- He said he left his car "over there" and pointed in a direction. I made note of that, -- As the deputies were "interviewing" him I walked over in the direction he'd previously pointed, and THERE was a car, so described by some of my neighbors this week, as being seen cruising our neighborhood suspiciously.

I looked inside, through the window, and there was a rag draped over the ignition switch [ so as to hide the fact that it had been punched ] I let the air out of 2 of the tires so any accomplice he might have couldn't escape in it and went back to get one of the deputies to come examine it -- it WAS stolen.

It was locked, and the thief didn't have any ID on him and no car keys were found so there was going to be a problem tying him to that car just on my word UNTIL one of the deputies found keys rolled up in a towel where he'd tried to hide them -- one of them FIT the cars door

Funniest thing -- on the dash was a frizbee emblazoned with the logo of the San Diego Sheriffs department!

On a less funny note -- the REST of my SAR gear is most likely gone -- sold for pennies

The officers DID release the item found, to me, after taking pics of it and ME holding it pointing to the identifing "marks"

01/29/2006 03:05 PM
    skibum4now

Excellent that you caught him; you did the community a service. Sorry you didn't get all your stuff back.

Heat is unnatural; bring on the next Ice Age!!!

01/29/2006 04:46 PM

Oopsie_Daisy

quote:

Originally posted by: The Highwayman

I didn't touch him other then to thwart [ with my hiking staff ]his initial advance on me

Way to go, Gandalf! ;-)

01/29/2006 05:02 PM
    The Highwayman

gotta admit, my pulse was racing. I've SEEN some fights and yelling matches before there and I didn't want THIS perp to get away

note -- officer called just a bit ago to verify some info and mentioned the perp's good for a couple of other victim's belongings found in his possesion as well he'll be off the street for a while

YESSSSSS! [ does "football spike" dance ]

01/29/2006 05:09 PM
    nyboarder

Awesome! There is justice in the world after all. I especially loved the fact that you let the air out of his tires. It wasn't only Karma that get your stuff back, it was a lot of hard work on your part.

01/29/2006 07:34 PM
    Sierra Lady

Right on, Highwayman...I'm happy for you! Too bad that most of your stuff was probably already sold. Way to go on being diligent in your search and knowing where to look!

SL

01/29/2006 08:00 PM
    snowdreamer

Good job Highwayman but be careful out there.

01/29/2006 08:21 PM
    Corporatedog

Highwayman's Got Your Chains..............
    01/29/2006 09:00 PM
    freeze dried

Highwayman,
    I'm so happy you were able to find the culprit, and in so little time! What swap meet did you find him at?

01/29/2006 09:27 PM
    The Highwayman
    quote:

Originally posted by: Corporatedog
    Highwayman's Got Your Chains..............

forerunner of Yaxtrax? CD

01/29/2006 09:30 PM
    The Highwayman

quote:

Originally posted by: freeze dried
    Highwayman,
    I'm so happy you were able to find the culprit, and in so little time! What swap meet did you find him at?

local drivein -- was "motivated" and lucky -- thanks FD

01/29/2006 10:09 PM
    southbayboarder

Hey HWM! Glad to hear that you were able to recover a piece of your equipment and in the process get the perp who stole it from you. Unfortunately, you weren't able to recover all of your equipment though. Happy to hear that you caught the perp / jackass! One less crook on the street is better than nothing! Good Job!

01/29/2006 10:49 PM
    milesb

Off the street? He's probably already out.

01/30/2006 07:45 AM
    The Highwayman

Well -- acknowledging your sentiment miles -- he's up for felonies, not misdemeanors AND he violated parole, AND he's a repeat offender SOoo -- lets hope not

01/30/2006 11:12 AM

XpbbobkanobiX

Right on HWM!!!...to bad you didn't get to whack him with ur stick though...that would have been cool!!!!

The Sandpiper -- a "life lesson"

The Sandpiper - by Robert Peterson

She was six years old when I first met her on the beach near where I live.
    I drive to this beach, a distance of three or four miles, whenever the world begins to close in on me.
    She was building a sandcastle or something and looked up, her eyes as blue as the sea.
    "Hello," she said.
    I answered with a nod, not really in the mood to bother with a small child.
    "I'm building," she said.
    "I see that. What is it?" I asked, not really caring.
    "Oh, I don't know, I just like the feel of sand."
    That sounds good, I thought, and slipped off my shoes. A sandpiper glided by.
    "That's a joy," the child said.
    "It's a what?"
    "It's a joy. My mama says sandpipers come to bring us joy."
    The bird went gliding down the beach.
    Good-bye joy, I muttered to myself, hello pain, and turned to walk on.
    I was depressed, my life seemed completely out of balance.
    "What's your name?" She wouldn't give up.
    "Robert," I answered. "I'm Robert Peterson."
    "Mine's Wendy... I'm six." "Hi, Wendy." She giggled. "You're funny," she said.
    In spite of my gloom, I laughed too and walked on.
    Her musical giggle followed me.
    "Come again, Mr. P," she called. "We'll have another happy day."
    After a few days of a group of unruly Boy Scouts, PTA meetings, and an ailing mother.
    The sun was shining one morning as I took my hands out of the dishwater.
    I need a sandpiper, I said to myself, gathering up my coat.
    The ever-changing balm of the seashore awaited me.
    The breeze was chilly but I strode along, trying to recapture the serenity I needed.
    "Hello, Mr. P," she said. "Do you want to play?"
    "What did you have in mind?" I asked, with a twinge of annoyance.
    "I don't know, you say."
    "How about charades?" I asked sarcastically.
    The tinkling laughter burst forth again. "I don't know what that is."
    "Then let's just walk."
    Looking at her, I noticed the delicate fairness of her face.
    "Where do you live?" I asked .
    "Over there." She pointed toward a row of summer cottages.
    Strange, I thought, in winter.
    "Where do you go to school?" "I don't go to school. Mommy says we're on holiday."
    She chattered little girl talk as we strolled up the beach, but my mind was on other things.
    When I left for home, Wendy said it had been a happy day.
    Feeling surprisingly better, I smiled at her and agreed.
    Three weeks later, I rushed to my beach in a state of near panic.
    I was in no mood to even greet Wendy.
    I thought I saw her mother on the porch and felt like demanding she keep her child at home.
    "Look, if you don't mind," I said crossly when Wendy caught up with me, "I'd rather be alone today."
    She seemed unusually pale and out of breath.
    "Why?" she asked.
    I turned to her and shouted, "Because my mother died!" and thought, My God, why was I saying this to a little child?
    "Oh," she said quietly, "then this is a bad day."
    "Yes," I said, "and yesterday and the day before and--oh, go away!"
    "Did it hurt?" she inquired.
    "Did what hurt?" I was exasperated with her, with myself.
    "When she died?"
    "Of course it hurt!" I snapped, misunderstanding, wrapped up in myself.
    I strode off.
    A month or so after that, when I next went to the beach, she wasn't there.
    Feeling guilty, ashamed and admitting to myself I missed her, I went up to the cottage after my walk and knocked at the door.
    A drawn looking young woman with honey-coloured hair opened the door.
    "Hello," I said, "I'm Robert Peterson.
    I missed your little girl today and wondered where she was."
    "Oh yes, Mr. Peterson, please come in.
    Wendy spoke of you so much.
    I'm afraid I allowed her to bother you.
    If she was a nuisance, please, accept my apologies."
    "Not at all -- she's a delightful child." I said, suddenly realizing that I meant what I had just said.
    "Wendy died last week, Mr. Peterson.
    She had leukaemia.
    Maybe she didn't tell you."
    Struck dumb, I groped for a chair.
    I had to catch my breath.
    "She loved this beach so when she asked to come, we couldn't say no.
    She seemed so much better here and had a lot of what she called happy days.
    But the last few weeks,! she declined rapidly...
    " Her voice faltered, "She left something for you ...if only I can find it. Could you wait a moment while I look?"
    I nodded stupidly, my mind racing for something to say to this lovely young woman.
    She handed me a smeared envelope with "MR. P" printed in bold childish letters.
    Inside was a drawing in bright crayon hues -- a yellow beach, a blue sea, and a brown bird.
    Underneath was carefully printed:

A SANDPIPER TO BRING YOU JOY.

Tears welled up in my eyes and a heart that had almost forgotten to love opened wide.
    I took Wendy's mother in my arms.
    "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," I muttered over and over, and we wept together.
    The precious little picture is framed now and hangs in my study.
    Six words -- one for each year of her life -- that speak to me of harmony, courage, and undemanding love.
    A gift from a child with sea blue eyes and hair the colour of sand -- who taught me the gift of love.

NOTE: This is a true story sent out by Robert Peterson.
    It happened over 20 years ago and the incident changed his life forever.
    It serves as a reminder to all of us that we need to take time to enjoy living and life and each other.
    The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
    Life is so complicated, the hustle and bustle of everyday traumas can make us lose focus about what is truly important or what is only a momentary setback or crisis.
    This week, be sure to give your loved ones an extra hug, and by all means, take a moment...even if it is only ten seconds, to stop and smell
    the roses.
    This comes from someone's heart, and is shared with many and now I share it with you.
    May God Bless everyone that receives this!
    There are NO coincidences!
    Everything that happens to us happens for a reason.
    Never brush aside anyone as insignificant.
    Who knows what they can teach us?

I wish for you, a sandpiper.

Highwayman's Links
    Workin in my "garden"
    profile of a Highwayman
    The Good Samaritan -- a comment on the state of things today - and what are YOU?

page created with 1-2-3 Publish

please note the links directly above do not function anymore due to wondefull AOL's :p discontinuin their "Hometown" service I'd PAID for years-- :p :p BOO AOL -- anyways

*THESE* links below DO work :)

Workin in my garden --

profile of a highwayman

the GOOD SAMARITAN 2000 years later -- a comment on the way things are t-DAY!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Enter secondary content here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

57 Fargo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.