Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 Shoebox door panels finished!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RenoRat, May 4, 2009.

1. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

Me and my lady (Mollie Tuff cocktail) made these this weekend!

[​IMG]

2. 62rebel

62rebel

dude, they're cool and i hate to be the picky SOB but the pattern has a "grain" to it and it's not pointing the same way on all 4 panels... i know i'm a picky bastard but you ought to find out here i suppose.
    i made some plywood door panels and almost made the same mistake, having the grain all mixed up, since mine were simply stained and varnished!

3. vertible59

vertible59

The correct term is nap. It'll throw you a curve when doing cloth seats too. The nap will be smooth to the touch one way, and rough the other. When doing seats, believe it or not, the nap should be opposite on the back rest and bottom. In other words, if you run the nap smooth down on the backrest, you run the nap rough to the back on the bottom. If not done this way, the backrest and bottom will appear to be different colors.

4. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

Thats why they are (were) done that way! WHO CARES THEY ARE CHEEP!!

5. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

good job,,,,pretty cool that you guys did that together,,,lets see a pic of them installed in the car...

6. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

Ill post those after I cut and patch some floor! Post some more pics of your project Kustom7777!

7. vertible59

vertible59

I hear you, man...CHEAP is always good, and you did it yourself,:) which is also good.