Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 50' Olds 2 Door Sedan Rehab...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChekrdPast, Nov 16, 2013.

1. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

I picked up a 1950 Olds 2 Door Sedan back at the beginning of Sept. (Here's a link to the thread about how she came home; http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830173) She's my first drivable classic car and it's been awesome. I'm hoping to update this thread over the long winter ahead as I make any forward progress. I put "rehab" in the title because I'm hoping that's what it will be. I don't want to do much by way of modern suspension or brakes. I want to improve slightly on what was there originally and that's it. That being said, here's some before and afters of her with the Firestone Gum Dipped white walls I picked up from a fellow local HAMBer. Big improvement from the mismatched modern radials she came with. I'll be putting the original hub caps back on. Just didn't want to risk losing them on the ride home. First time they have been off in a while. Hopefully I'll be updating this thread soon once I get the suspension and brake issues she has worked out since that's the first project on tap and the most important...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Cool car.. Looks like a good one to start with...

3. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

Just thought I would post this image of an Oldsmobile sales brochure. It helped me to see side by side the difference between the "88" models available in 1950. "2 Door Sedan" seemed like an oxymoron to me at first until I looked into it a little further.

Attached Files:

4. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

They look great on there Matt,that's a really nice car, a set of spider caps would look good on there as well.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013

5. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

Thanks Joe. I was thinking about spider caps too. No matter what I do the wheels they'll look great with white walls. Thanks again!