Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 Mercury Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Sep 26, 2003.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know this happens to everyone on the HAMB, just because you own a Mercury, they think you know it all about Mercs. Boy is he in trouble. He is wanting to buy Coker wide white radials and concerned on what size to order. If he had the clearance I would run a 205 70 15 tire. He was concerned about the tire being to tall so I sent him to JimC, hoping that would take care of the problem but NO!!! He said that JimC's 14 x 70's were to little. (I thought size dosn't matter) He would like to run a wider tire. He is used to a wider tire because his use to street rods and early 70's chevy trucks. He is thinking about a 215 x 65.

What size do other Mercury guys use? Thanks for the help.

Happy Trails,

Mick

2. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> Don't get Coker radials. I don't think they took care of the separation problem yet. I have heard many people tell me they lost the tread on thiers in the first 100 miles. Other companies make radial wide whites.

Make him go look at different tires, at shows or maybe just the store. </font>

3. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

My 50 came with L78-15's on it.

4. radarlover

radarlover
    from az

On my 51 I run 195/75/15's on the front and 235/75/15's on the rear. I guess its a matter of taste but I've never liked the look of low profile tires on 50's cars, just dont look right to me.

5. old beet

old beet

G-78x15 WWW bias----49 Merc, drives fine!!!OLDBEET

6. =mike=

=mike=

I like 560 x 15 Firestone ( coker ) biasplys . they look perfect and handle like a dream . radials are for minivans .