Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage '50 Merc thicket find - the HIGHS...the LOWS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barn Hunter, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Bart78

Bart78

Have money in hand an buy it before the kids get involved. And have a way to get it out. The less involved the better. You might end up with a phone call from a mad kid. But who cares. They are not going to do a thing with it.

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I have been waiting to buy an early 60s Chevy pickup, short box, V8 Auto, one owner, low miles, for 20 years. About nine months ago I again discussed the sale with the owner but they were "not ready" to sell the truck yet. As always I said I'll be the buyer when they're ready. Three weeks ago I went by and the truck had been sold two weeks prior to that for $1700. I had offered $3K before. I was sick. But it just wasn't meant to be.

3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Underneath the huge pile of junk in my friends garage are a 1950 Merc convertible with a 1950 plate and a 1965 Corvette convertible with a 1965 plate. I have been trying to buy them for the last 25 years. He is a hoarder and will not sell anything. Inside the house is the same. Click on pic to enlarge.

Attached Files:

4. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

Hey the good thing is there in a garage, I think.

5. gatz

gatz

I like how the angle brace to the right keeps things in check when the door is opened (is there one on the left too?)

[​IMG]

6. desotot

desotot

I can see the merc bumper makes my knees go weak.

[​IMG]

7. chopped

chopped

You could always call "Hoarders" for him, make him a TV star.