Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 50 merc bumpstop question

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by MurderCityMerc, Nov 24, 2019.

1. MurderCityMerc

MurderCityMerc

Happy early Thanksgiving to everyone! I had a quick question about 50 merc coupe bump stops. Its on lowering blocks and i know i need 2 on each side in the rear but looks like one may have been right above the differential (looks like it disintegrated lol) so my question is do i need all 3 or since its lowered will the differential "sit" really hard on that middle bump stop? 20191118_153526.jpeg IMG_20191119_051529_546.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. I think 3 would be good since you are bottoming out onto the driveshaft now. That seems like a recipe for failure at the U joint.
    Alternatively, longer stops above the springs would work.

MurderCityMerc likes this.
  3. MurderCityMerc

MurderCityMerc

Thanks pete! I didn't even know there were 3 down there lol thanks for clearing that up and the help!

4. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Hope you don't have a blowout on the freeway ….

MurderCityMerc likes this.

5. MurderCityMerc

MurderCityMerc

So i ran into a bit of a pickle the top rear shock mouting stud came off with the old shock and i cant get it off. The bolt is suppper rusted on it. I saw they have "universal" mounting studs. Has anyone had any experience with those? Or would you suggest a more year/make specific type of stud?