Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 hudson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skenny'schopshop, Jul 24, 2009.

1. I had a '49 Hudson grille on my '50 Pacemaker coupe - I like the earlier grilles far better than the '50 - '54 variations!

2. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

I like the very top grill bar, the one attached to the hood, as a grille in a custom made opening. Still Hudson but custom.

3. studhud

studhud

Yup stock sucks
    I had people tell me I was nuts for restyling the front of my car. I just couldnt stand it stock

[​IMG]
    I still havent finished the grill bar but hers a photo shop of it.
    [​IMG]

Dave hitch

4. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

StudHud, THAT's one of the COOLEST grilles I've seen. Hey, Kenny, how 'bout this? Stud, WHAT's that central grille bar? THIS IS JUST ONE CLEAN, SIMPLE GRILLE -- NICE WORK!

5. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

studhud,thats a bitchin grill,really makes the car pop.I am totally diggin your ride its amazing,well done.

6. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Patrick, hey, to each his own. Taste is a very individual thing. Thank God we live in the United States, where you're free to think or like what you want.

MYSELF, I felt the early step-down grilles were just a tad "formal," you know? I thought the more oval later ones really complimented the rest of the cars' lines better. Just my 2 cents.

7. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Hey there, Bad Bob. I don't think anybody else responded to your CONVERTIBLE question. I do believe Hudson offered a convertible, THOUGH not many sold because of the pricetag. Honest, I remember seeing a really nice resto (not a customization) in a mag years ago -- a '48 or '49, I think.

BUT,, this would be a great question to throw out form more input! I have a thread on the 308 Hornet engine, and THOSE guys know a TON. I'll ASK THEM, too! And try & get pix, buddy!

8. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

They made them just in very limited numbers, my dad has owned 4 of them.

9. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Cool beans, 49Super6! Shoot a drop-top can make most ANY model look like a whole different car, eh? I put a feeler out, s maybe we can get sme pix of the Hud convertibles.

10. thepoz57

thepoz57

That front end is beautiful.

11. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

ThePoz57, YEAH! Isn't it? Hudson main bumper, Olds(?) top member, don't KNOW what Stud's using t craft the centerpiece; he said just PhotoShopped for now.

12. yah studhud is a bitching car saw it at santa maria this year and at I think it was hot rod reunion here in Bakersfield last year dont think it was choped yet but I was a little under the bottle that day

13. studhud

studhud

Hand Made grill its started but not finished. Not givin away my secrets!
    Dave Hitch

14. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

For Bad Bob's question:

[​IMG]
    '51 Hudson vert. w. Twin-H, contributed by rareRodder,
    Kingston Springs, TN. Sorry a little grainy!

15. redsean

redsean

not hijackin just addin just got my 50

Attached Files:

16. thepoz57

thepoz57

The stock Hudson grille does nothing for me, I love this design though. I always wondered about getting a Hudson and changing it around a bit...

17. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

thePoz57, yeah. You know, it's not as though Hudsons are like DoDo birds. There are enough for the purist restorers -- and I CELEBRATE the need to preserve dead stock specimens. BUT, there are still enough for the crowd who LOOKS at anything stock and can't help thinking: "Hmmmmmm!?!?!?!"