Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 50 Chevy Side Glasss SeaL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by POLYFRIED 35, Apr 1, 2015.

1. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

I ordered enough whisker strips to do inside and outside on the doors and back windows of my Fleetline. Is there a different rubber type seal that goes between the glass and door on the outside of the car? Same for the rear window (not a 4 door).

The RED strip on the outside....

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. I just looked in my Chevs of the 40's catalog (they carry parts up to 1954) & on page 240& 241 of my 2014 edition it shows all of this stuff. there is a strip called a flexable sweeper that has a stainless back that goes against the body & either whiskers or rubber depending on model that goes against glass.
    I think this sweeper is only used on glass that goes up U down.
    My 46 coupe rear side windows do not slide as some models do so I am not sure if the sliders have a wiper or not.
    You can call themand ask as they have great phone reps that really know a lot.
    • I bought a complete set of rubber & channels for all my glass from them but have been working on mehanical & safety things getting it back on the road & should soon get to all the glass seals.

3. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Thanks for checking Jimmie! I did some more research and found out that the 50 uses the same whisker strip on the outside as inside.

Hope you get to drive her soon!

4. rfraze

rfraze

Another good resource for parts and instructional videos is The Filling Station in Lebanon, OR. Their website and online catalogue is great, BUT the store is even cooler.

5. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

I have ordered from them before. That's a pretty long drive for me LOL.