Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 50 chevy Junkyard save

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheelsup56, Sep 13, 2013.

1. wheelsup56

wheelsup56
    from so.jersey

My 1950 chevy Deluxe I saved from the junk yard...It was purchased in 1958 when it arrived here in my area...I have the original title even.. turns out to be a local owned car in which a lady owned it. She was a in law to my fathers boss/ friend years back on the police force. He owned a Gulf service station with his brother and they serviced the car from 58 till 1984 when it was parked...Somehow ended up selling it to someone in Keyport NJ, then brought back to So.Jersey just a few miles from the lady who owned it back in 84...She had passed on...I purchased the car and saw the original title with the name and knew the name right away I knew these people from the area. I found all the insurance cards, service notes in the glove box.. all the service stickers in the door jamb from 58-84...a Burlington co fire plate # 587 in the trunk..the orig. lic. plates and extra rims, the original fender skirts, and a bunch of old news papers hidden from 1968. It was a true time capsile .. The car has only 33,000 miles on it..its has issues but I drive it everyday after going thru it and working out the bugs..and mice.. I replaced the original 216 that was locked up with a rebuilt 235.. still 3 on the tree...she really goes now!

Attached Files:

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

3. wheelsup56

wheelsup56
    from so.jersey

stock appearing.....no shiney paint...mostly original...drive it everywhere! I put 600 miles on it already!

4. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

someone sent it to the junkyard???

5. old1946truck

old1946truck

Why was it sent to the junkyard?

6. scoTT la rock

scoTT la rock
    from NJ

Looks great man, dig the survivor look to it. Wouldn't change a thing

7. dan31

dan31

Drive the wheels off of it, I hope to see it driving around the Southampton area soon.

8. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

That was in a junkyard!!! Whoever sent that there needs to be certified.

Twitter @edsrodshop

9. Ok I might get lit up here.....but please get that car in a garage! What a great original find, along with all the stuff with it.

10. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Nice find, good luck have fun with it.
    I got mine the same way one owner little old lady, local car with original title.
    that was 94 or 95 and I still have it.

11. nvrenuff

nvrenuff
    from new jersey

What junkyard was that in? I frequent blaceys and friendship and never see anything that nice. Good save.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. 5559

from tn

nice history

13. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

That's a great Chevy! I would pass out probably seeing that one in a junkyard! Drive the wheels off of her and have fun!

14. scrubby2009

scrubby2009

Enjoying something similiar with my '51 Fleetline. Poorly stored with broken windows for 35 years left the interior and floors destroyed. But the 216 was freshly rebuilt shortly before it was "retired" and the clutch/flywheel/pressure plate were done as well as new seals/bearings in the trans and rearend after it was stored, in the hopes of putting it back on the road. So mechanically pretty solid with no floors and no interior.. picked it up and patched the floors and now we are bombing around town having a ball!

15. wheelsup56

wheelsup56
    from so.jersey

Got it from Blaceys junk yard... Tom is a car guy and hates to crush stuff... He usually has some cool cars out there in front yard.. I drive it everywhere now... And I've been thru Southampton too Dan 31...I'm around the corner!

16. teddyp

teddyp

looks great best of luck and enjoy the shit out of it

17. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Good save - I know I'd rock that sucker !