Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 50 chevy deluxe vent window frames and dash chrome

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUSS BUCKLIN, Sep 14, 2020.

1. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

Like the title says, likely have to replace the vent window frames and much of the dash chrome (if it's possible to do that) The vent frames are pretty much rusted through and the dash chrome/instrument bezels are all pretty pitted.

Sources for stuff like this?

2. I'll give this a bump to see if somebody can help.

But I suspect that on the dash chrome you'll either have to find a set better than what you have or have yours replated...

3. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

I sort of suspect the same thing. My dash bezels etc are pretty pitted but might polish up to OK, the vent window frames however are about all rust, beyond any level of polishing.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Russ,
    You need to contact Ron Manning at Ron's Wrecking outside Gig Harbor, WA. He actually has a Port Orchard address. Phone 253-857-5600. He keeps most of the pre-60's stuff he finds and if he doesn't have what you want he can probably give you leads on where to find it. Tell him Walt Johnson said to call.

6. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

JJ, I don't know what btt means... Fat47, thanks, I'll give him a call. Oldcarparts in Oregon has nothing.

7. evintho

evintho

BTT = back to the top.

8. RMONTY

RMONTY

Post up some pictures of what kind of shape your's are in and I will take a look in my stash of 49-52 doors and see if I might have some that are acceptable to use. I just want to see what condition yours are in so I can compare to what I have in the stash.

Oh, and btt means "back to the top"......it means it puts your thread back on top of the list so it is very visible for the most views.

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

back in the old days you could find these items easy on ebay. they have since "fixed" the search function to the point people stopped selling old parts, at least in the way they did it back when I was doing it. I sold mostly 49 - 54 parts, there were at least 5 others doing the same, parting out cars.

10. Nostrebor likes this.