Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 50 Chevy Chop- Finally In Process

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by JVK54, Feb 22, 2012.

1. carlingas

carlingas

I'm totally inspired by this chop...killer car, and the lines are simply bitchen...

2. Second that!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

3. JVK54

JVK54

The overall chop is pretty much done..except for minor stuff like some interior buttoning up, vent windows and garnish moldings..BUT we can now finish the body work finish priming..and move to sexypaint..then sexypipes ..a sexy windsield..finish wiring, reassembly , Mexican blankets and a tank full of gas! Thanks to Jon and Ronny for all your hard work and support on this build..and Lenny for the space and support. I will continue to post as we progress.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Love it, You gonna cut that steering column down a bit?

6. DMacias

DMacias
    from So Cal

"sexypaint..then sexypipes ..a sexy windsield"

That’s a whole lot of sexiness going on there!... Great build

7. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

very .... um....sexy?

Nice job
    Godspeed
    MrC.

8. JVK54

JVK54

Did some mock up with the grill, skirts, my crappy temp. bumpers and pipes..then took that stuff off and shot some primer with the help of my lovely wife.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Looks killer brother...

10. jimstro16

jimstro16

That thing is goin to be bad ass.

I have the same 50 chev but not sure yet to sled or gas it yet. Just in the thinking stage with it still.

subscribed

11. JVK54

JVK54

Pretty close to done with bodywork. Probably one more long night of fine tuning..and then on to final primer and paint..It's cool to see the flow and lines really come together even in primer , ptty and bondo..No money for a set of Cokers and smoothies (or..gulp..Supremes) right now. So I picked up a decent set of radials with shitty portawalls on some other Chevy steelies on the cheap just to be able to run on for whats left of the season..ad was pleased that they turned out to be flipped around narrow white..So I ground them out to wide whites and will clean up and repaint one set of wheels and sell the other..cheap..100 bucks OBO if anyone needs em..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-
    snc7/417449_4423950799181_1928835045_n.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. JVK54

JVK54

Long day..and hot as hell in the booth. But well worth it..The 50 is in final primer and looking pretty correct. I am a tired but very happy guy tonight..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. maddog1949

maddog1949

14. churchboy

churchboy

Nice work, Really nice work!!!!!

15. DMacias

DMacias
    from So Cal

16. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

LOVE IT!

Godspeed
    MrC.

17. looks AMAZING! perfect chop!

18. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

19. JVK54

JVK54

Spent the weekend on pure adrenaline..and got into paint..started installing OPHM..(Other People's Hush Mat:D)...Not sure if Im gonna paint the roof ..or just run like this for what's left of the season..PS the really cool shot inside the shop was a total fluke. i never even noticed we had that Chevy banner haning there until I looked through the camera.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Jen......

Jen......

21. JVK54

JVK54

Almost there, as far as how I'm gonna run for the rest of this season. There's a ton more to do down the road..BUT customs are never really done, and rightnow I'm well good and ready to do a little hot rodding . So hopefully all will go well with my windshield tomorrow..and then it's time for the lakes pipes and maybe some more of the trim..BUT the weather looks great this weekend so as long as I have front and rear glass, tail lights, directionals and pipes..I'm on the road and the dash can wait a few days..I gotta say, just sitting behind the wheel, all alone in the shop tonight was totally thrilling. Ho[pe Jon can roll with me the first time this bad girl hits the road. I am so grateful for all the work he put into this chop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-
    ash4/304787_4490271937168_1318947327_n.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. JVK54

JVK54

Got the 50 on the road and out for about an hour right around sundown tonight..yeah..there are plenty of thing to chase down..and complete..BUT overall it went pretty well ...To be honest it was awesome..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. wizzard23

wizzard23

Congrates! That thang is Awesome!

24. 50 Ragtop

50 Ragtop

The best lookin chop on a 50 I've ever seen.

25. BadLuck

BadLuck

love this fifty! awesome work buddy!

26. Looks great congratulations, such a good feeling getting them out for the first time. Glad you didn't french the headlights. I personally, love seeing the bezels and lights stick out. Especially since you shaved the hood, I think they get real bland looking with a french. I also like how you kept the trim. Stance is awesome, can't wait to see some footage of it.

27. JVK54

JVK54

Been out runnin' the 50 more than a little over the last couple of weeks. I have some engine stuff to deal with over the winter for sure(more on that later) and I had to throw air shocks in the rear because the pumkin was slamming into the floor,,BUT overall everything is shaking out pretty good..having a blast in fact!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. BadLuck

BadLuck

great pics! i didnt know THIS was your car.. ive posted a few times on here..love this 50! great work brutha.. looks like ur having fun

29. greasebandit0801

greasebandit0801
    from houston

Nice diggin the chop

30. JVK54

JVK54

Well...I added 70" open lakes for 2 reasons..One, visually they work with trim like scallops and 2 because I wasn't really loving the sound on the dual glasspack set up. Ultimatly the car will be a more refined and classy custom and the pipes may have to go. But, as it sits now it has enough kinda hotrod attitude that I think they make sense...and low an behold..they sound really awesome...I did keep the quiet exhaust set up as well so I can just cap the pipes up for family drives..plus I don't want to asphyxiate my kid in the back seats at stop lights or in traffic....Ph yeah-I also had huge issues with the pumkin slamming into the trunk once the suspension settled...Thanks to a head's up from fellow HAMBer Hans of Texas and Denmark , I solved it with a set on Monroe MA700 air shocks and a shitty little compressor set up in the trunk. About 55psi gives a really nice ride and only raises the tail maybe an inch..Thanks Hans for a great 70 dollar solution! Here's a shot at drive hight-
    [​IMG]
    and here's "laid out"..hahaha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]