Register now to get rid of these ads!

50-52 Dodge rubber body mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fitty Toomuch, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

Anyone restoring these year dodges, found OE mount vendors? Or do you have pics of the original mounts, especially the main mounts @ the firewall? Thanks

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  2. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

3. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Do you have an idea of what they look like? Can you make your own?

4. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

The 48 Plymouth I have apart has a 1/2" thick round rubber disc about an inch and a half in diameter, with a 1/2" hole in the center. It was sandwiched between the body and the frame with a flat washer on either side of the rubber, with a bolt running through the whole mess. Don't know if the 50-52 is different or not from the 48, but this is how most basic body mounts are done.

Most of the newer stuff uses 2 pieces of thicker rubber with a metal washer/sleeve combo through them. Usually the one of the rubbers with the washer/sleeve sits between the body and the frame and the second rubber goes under the frame with a big washer with a bolt running through the whole mess. Suppose I could draw up a picture, or try ti take one tomorrow if you really need one. Gene

5. crapshoot

crapshoot

i was working on a 50 dodge, there pretty basic . i did find a vender that sold them but i can not find them anymore, but the rubber is really basic its just a 2 inch by 3/4 inch biscuit with a 1/2 inch hole in the center. it would be really easy to make your own.don't have any pictures sorry.

6. real easy, go to napa, get the part number for chevy truck puck body mounts and then go to csk with that number and get em for about $3 a piece.. iirc my dodge had puck isolators..

7. sunsetdart

sunsetdart

there is a company called .......Plydo........they do have a website but you must buy their catalog, it is not online. They do have the rubber body mounts.

8. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

Fitty --- I got mine for the 52 B3B that I am working on from Roberts Motor Parts. You can go to their on-line catalog at www.robertsmotorparts.com and find them. Go to the truck section and then to body and related - you will see them on the second page. The ones I got were nice and worth the money. I am not sure if these would work on the car but it should be in the right direction.

lc

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  9. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

Thanks to all responders, Yes I looked at most links provided. Their is some old mounts that were in the trunk as some of you described, but figured they were intermediates. I just wanted to make sure that they did`nt use the type that have the steel sleeve and step type bushing. Though the trunk mounts seem to use this type, because it has a 1" hole, 1" deep layer and the firewall holes are 3/4". They`re bookoo mounts out there, but hard to find ones with the step type with the demensions I need. It would be great to find OE style because they must differ from trunk to front, or at least pics of them to compare to other mounts. Expensive bastards none the less, wish I had a lathe, that would help. I`ll getter one way or another, Thanks fellas:)