Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 4th Annual Texas Thaw......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigken, Feb 22, 2011.

1. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

What? You said put in a "Trans Brake"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. bigken

bigken

As far as Tech questions, Yes on the puke tank, along with seatbelts.

3. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Helmets for all roadsters.
    Can't remember what the ET break is where all drivers need one but if you got one might want to throw it in.

4. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

I was wondering when the trash talk was going to start. I'm ready to go and I'm looking for my old friend Doc to even the score with now that were on an even playing field.

[​IMG]

I haven't forgotten about you Bill. You guys keep raising the bar, but were going to give your alky motor a run this year.

[​IMG]

5. rebelrat

rebelrat

Looking good Mark
    Look out boys "THE REBELS ARE COMING"

6. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

I guess I missed the blower sale at Kmart! Hope they have pistons on sale next week cause you boys need to put the little pulley on to catch me.

7. Rusty

Rusty

Time to get the wheely bars on!

8. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Only a 4% chance of snow Friday.:)
    Don't know if we'll need the burn barrels this year.

Attached Files:

9. bigken

bigken

If I don't bring the burn barrel, I will have room for my BIG cooler, full of liquid sustenance......stuff.........you know.

10. What is that "funny shaped thing under the carb".......haha......looking good. Next thing ya know, 'ol Bill will will be puttin one on under all of those little pipe thingies that are sticking out of his engine:rolleyes:
    See ya Friday

11. The Shocker

The Shocker

Got all the leaves shop vacumed out of the Dodge today and i even got all the alley cat footprints and Tomcat spray washed off.Hope it runs as good as it did at the DOTD .See you guys when the gates open Saturday :) ...

12. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

There seems to be money already being put down to see if I'm going to scatter the motor on the first pass. We'll make it a point to make that first race happen Doc. You up for a Friday night pass? Save the lettering on the back for Bill.

Blue Light Special Bill.
    [​IMG]

13. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

we'll they say you are what you eat! catsup, anyone? i like my pusscakes with heinz!

14. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Maple surple pusscakes ain't bad neither!.......................jus sayin.....

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  15. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Too funny!!! Love the new look and door graphics. Oh don't forget, Diapers on isle 3.
    Good tip on the margarita machine Doc, i've been using one for a wood chipper!

16. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

You guys are both blinko! You feed it raw milk through the fuel lines and drop your ice in through the velocity stacks and out comes the best ice cream you've ever had. That's helado for you Herb.....wait your Native American.....medicine snow big fella!:D

17. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Someone better bring that burn barrel...just looked at the weather forecast....We won't freeze this year, but it will dam sure be a bit nippy.........

See all Sat am.......

Mark

18. bigken

bigken

Memories captured by Chris...............

Attached Files:

• w40.jpg
      w40.jpg
      File size:
      124.3 KB
      Views:
    • w25.jpg
      w25.jpg
      File size:
      117.4 KB
      Views:
    • w33.jpg
      w33.jpg
      File size:
      108.8 KB
      Views:
    • w39.jpg
      w39.jpg
      File size:
      123.3 KB
      Views:
    • w3.jpg
      w3.jpg
      File size:
      116.3 KB
      Views:
    • w21.jpg
      w21.jpg
      File size:
      106.2 KB
      Views:
    • w18.jpg
      w18.jpg
      File size:
      107.8 KB
      Views:
  19. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

we are building an okie army of hot rods coming your way sat morning, a few advance scouts out friday ahead of us... be very afraid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

20. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Heard today that Denton county issued a burn ban yesterday. Might want to check into that before you guy's roll out the barrels.

21. bigken

bigken

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN -- CURSES.......will investigate.

Spoke with the Fire Marshall and he's say's sorry, no burn barrels.............BUT - we can still use grills for the fajitas and the chili........WOOOO-WHOOOOO

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  22. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

[​IMG]

23. QuadQuad

QuadQuad

So, for us "Thaw Virgins" what's the plan for Friday? And Sat fer that matter...
    Gonna be fun!

24. bigken

bigken

Friday night Fun-&-Grudge until 11pm. Pit party until 'Yo-Baby' crashes, and BYOC - no bottles.
    Saturday, Tech, time-trials, nitro around lunch, eliminations about 1pm-ish.
    Should be wrappin' up by 5 with awards............bring sunblock, its Texas and winter.

25. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

The Central Texas Possie will be stormin the hill Friday nite. Hide the women, children and Okies.

26. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

But now you can...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:)

27. I don't know what you're talking about.....hic:rolleyes:....shoot fire, I'll try anything to make an ol Flathead go faster, gotta make up for the "no" cubic inches and no breathing" somehow:D....haha

28. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

when do time trials start saturday , we hope to be there by 8.30 or so sat morning...???

29. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

calling for rain friday eve, supposed to blow out by dawn sat!? north wind 15 to 25 mph. it's thaw time, lets get it on!

30. bigken

bigken

Thanks Doc, I like this........

Originally Posted by blasted [​IMG]
    Side note, deep in the post.
    This comment will not work for everyone but here it is.
    I always look forward to the Thaw and racing. But the thought of getting my beater hotrod out on the track, then bringing it back to the pits and having some big fun. When I see kids or even grown ups looking at my rod with that look. I get the biggest kick out of sharing with them and putting them in it for fun or pictures. Don't you know how much it stokes a kid or a gray haired beauty to just sit in a hotrod. So if you see someone that is out of their zone, looking at our toys. Or some kid or old timer. Maybe take the time to give them a smile or welcome them out. Maybe even a photo moment. When I was a kid in the 50's and 60's, racers where hard nose and hard assed folks. I remember it well how you made a wide path for them. It is a different time now and it is always good to send new comers away with a better thought of who we are. A lot of kids are watching with wide eyes. So if ya have time add some more fun to your own outing and maybe give forward a bit.

And I have dibs on giving parking lot cruses to all the more vintage ladies, and kids and young ladys. And I am 4 foot of don't share well. Ow, and pin-up girls. Not Robert.