Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 4th Annual Oklahoma Hot Rod Hundred September 16, 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guthriesmith, Mar 16, 2017.

1. We are continuing to grow these reliability runs and had right at 220 cars go along last year. It appears there are a few of us that would rather get out and drive our old cars instead of holding down a lawn chair next to them at a show. Anyway, the date is set for the 2017 run and is September 16. We will likely be starting in Mustang, OK this year and are still working out a route. Even though we are still a ways out, it is a good time to get it down on the 2017 event calendar. I will try to keep this thread updated as we finalize plans, but the best way to keep us is go to http://www.hotrodhundred.com/oklahoma-city.html to check for updates and to register once we get closer. We do have the artwork back from B-Scott and I have to say I may end up owning a few this year. :cool:

In case you haven't heard of these events yet, here is a brief description of what we do along with a video from last year's event.

Man and machine, it’s a beautiful thing. When you first laid eyes on your hot rod, you had a vision. Others didn’t see it, but you did. You drug it home, slaved over it, breathing life back into a once void carcass. You know every inch, every nut, bolt, every flaw.

You laid awake many countless nights thinking about what it would be like to drive your hot rod out on the open road. Then the day finally arrives….oh, they are never finished, but it is roadworthy.

You turn the key and your creation comes to life, like something out of an old 40’s horror movie. You run through the gears, feeling your back being pressed into the seat…then you pull into the parking lot, scanning the lot for that perfect parking spot, you set up your bag chairs, ez up awning and cooler and then you …..SIT….all day………in the sun, defending your car from wild, heathen children, sporting soccer cleats that want to stand on your running boards.

Seriously? When did you lose your vision? When did you turn into a sissy boy? Hot rods are created to be driven and driven hard. Not just on sunny days….every day.

Solution: the Hot Rod Hundred. It’s a 100 mile reliability run with the emphasis being placed where it should be, on driving.

HOTROD 100 2017.jpg

Max Gearhead likes this.
  2. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Great fun. I'm getting my 57' Ford ready for the April Southwest Missouri Hot Rod Hundred. If you haven't been on one of these reliability runs, I encourage you to give one a try. You'll discover some neat things right near your home.

bchrismer, guthriesmith and Roothawg like this.
  3. Max Gearhead likes this.

4. Pre-registration will close on September 1st, so be sure to get registered and get a t-shirt and great lunch. Sitting at about 60 cars so far!

gonmad likes this.
  5. This event isn't about getting a trophy, but we do give out three. We give one to the car that traveled the farthest to get to the start of the run, one for someone that has problems along the way, and a club pick of a traditional hot rod or custom. Putting them together now so we can get them striped and lettered soon..

Pre-registration open for a couple more weeks.

IMG_0331.JPG

gonmad likes this.
  6. gonmad likes this.
  7. And we are going to gather where? What time? I'm already pointed towards Mustang just waiting for the word. Jim

8. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

9. Best of luck to you guys for a great day of crusin ! It's my work weekend or I'd be thrashing on the wagon !