Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 Plymouth Rolled Out Sunday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CRZNDUCK, Jul 18, 2008.

1. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

After 5 years we got the 49 Plymouth out. I listened to those who said "no f'n Tweed" and got lucky enough to wind up in Fred Carello's hands for the interior.

We changed the name from "Magoo" to "My Way". I am pretty happy with my inline 6 Mopar. If you are up in Syracuse this weekend you will see it while I am stuck working out of town.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

4. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

Very sweet ride. Love the interior.

Any details on the 6 banger? Love it.

Hud

5. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

Block was the original. George Asche in Oil City PA did the build. 218 block, 100/1000th overbore, 230 crank, rods and flywheel. Earl Edgerton did a custom cam and cast the aluminum head. I found the Edmund intake and the Fenton exhaust manifolds. Carbs are Carter Weber from Langdon Stovebolt. Lenny Schaefer made the one off bracket for the AC and the Alt.

6. Nice ride!!! Worth the wait,for sure...

7. tragic59

tragic59

Nice job. Mild and classy...

8. That car is beautiful. If you have the time, I would love to see a straight-on shot of that motor. Congratulations on a great build.

9. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

Car is up in Syracuse...I am working this weekend so could not go. Here are some work in progress shots, there are others, motor mocked up on stand for example, at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/CrusinDuck/Magoo

Attached Files:

10. Nice car, learned to drive in a 49, when I was 13!

11. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Its SCHAEFFER :D and my shop did most of the metalwork & bodywork to the car...you forgot to add that in :D

Here is the original thread on the car from when it was posted the first time:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106513

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  12. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

I wont be drawn into a web based pissing contest, it would get wet and nasty. I do sincerely apologize for the typo on the name, I know better as I wrote enough checks

13. sweet! well worth the wait man..

14. KKustoms

KKustoms

I love the interior. Like how you accented the air cleaner with color from the interior

15. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

wow i looked at all the pics and you really got into that thing. looks like it was frustrating with all the shops fuckups. Nice job

16. Skrap metal

Skrap metal

17. What are those wheel covers from?

Todd

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Very nice. I really like these old Mopar threads. My dad's side of the family always drove Dodge's and Plymouths. My mothers side was into Chevrolets so I got to ride in cars that are featured on this site from both corporations.

Frank

19. skipstitch

skipstitch

Peer pressure really does work! :) Outstanding interior and the car ain't half bad either :) Very cool!

20. skidsteer

skidsteer

Yes, nothing comes close to a real sweet Mopar!

21. love those late 40's and early 50's mopars...nice interior and the engine is beautiful...would love to have that under the hood of my 54 panel and/or my 35 coupe...have fun

--------------------

coming soon: RODTEES.COM

22. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Wet and nasty? Like Sunday at the show?? YOu missed one hell of a rain storm-even some hail....

[​IMG]

No pissing contest here- just giving credit where it was due. Enjoy the car Howard. Glad its done and you can move on to your next project.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  23. jleavesl

jleavesl
    from Houston

Thankyou for the inspiration on my 50. I'm so ripping off that interior from you (I'll change the colors). Well done.

John

24. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

Peace!

25. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

I take no credit on any of it. My wife picked out the colors and Ken Washwel of Xtreme came up with the 52 Caddy layout...and Ken if I spell your name wrong I appologize :(.

Fred Carello in Warwick RI is an absolute rocket scientist with putting it together. Stuff like breaking the wind lace at the color lines instead of running one color or the other is the attention to detail he is known for.

Oh, I will take credit for the assit straps, I wanted those since Day 1 of the project and Fred delivered on that. :D

26. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

They are Dodge Lancer Covers. Xtreme used a ton of tape and painted the checker board and the bullets are from ChromeIT.