Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 49 Plymouth Chop/Sedan to Hardtop-

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choprods, Aug 10, 2005.

1. I expect so.
    I'm about 6'-2" and used to be able to wear a hat in my 4 door with room to spare.

It's about the same height as the 2 dr club coupe roof, and I'd think it'd take a hell of a whack before I'd have had a tough time driving that car.

-bill

2. So it's been two years since the last photo of the car this was started about was posted, any shot's of the finished product? Curious because I recently aquired this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but if you like these vintage Mopars, you need to check out the movie "The Petty Story".
    My dad bought it in one of them $2 bins on DVD, and it's got some really cool footage of a bunch of these Dodges and Plymouths! I found the movie today in my cookbook cupboard (?) and was watching it when I found this thread...

Jay

4. thx-138jr

thx-138jr

Anyone recognize this Dodge? Would love to see more pics of it.

Attached Files:

5. I cheated. I started with a 52 plymouth Belvedere hard top parts car when I hard topped my 52 Plymouth wagon
    then used two set of rear fenders just the top halves. put left and rights together to eliminate the wheel openings. they attach with wing nuts on the inside.
    I don't have a photo that hasn't been photochopped. the rear fenders are shorter than the photo and the car sits higher

Attached Files:

6. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Or just get a cool 49 2-dr fastbak like I have. But it's not quite as cool as the hardtop chop, just does't have the box look of the square back.-Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7. tankwilson

tankwilson

Here are the latest photos. This summer i changed the grill to a 50 plymouth, bagged it, and putt on original wheels.

Take a look

Attached Files:

8. damnfingers

damnfingers

From an ugly duckling to an evil swan....

9. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Seen it at the pileup,killer ride. Gives me hope for my plymouth!

10. Very cool! Thanks for the update!

11. tankwilson

tankwilson

Could someone Photoshop a cool looking visor for it. Or is there such a thing???

Thanks in advance

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There is no such thing as a cool looking visor.

13. just had to bring this one back after doing some searching. This plymouth turned out great! Wow what a difference!

josh

14. VonKool13

VonKool13

Nice lookin mopar. What about skirts, and some appeltons, maybe some caddy or plymouth sombreros for that early look.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

15. tankwilson

tankwilson

16. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Subscribed !

Ray

17. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Looking good...

18. yeah, I like this thread....

19. Lono

Lono

Subscribed and lurking.

20. Lono

Lono

Man it really bridges the gap between 40's an 50's. The dated body lines of the day makes for a killer ride today. You knocked it out of the park.
    Is the windshield flat glass?

21. Lono

Lono

Did you only cut into the lower pillars and not the upper portion left on the roof?
    It's a great looking chop, I'm looking forward to getting into mine.

22. n847

n847

I dont know how you could beat thr factory grill...it just looks right on there!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

23. tankwilson

tankwilson

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=738468

The above link is where she is at now...... I need some advise..... my hemi project has become many other projects.... redoing the air ride..... frame mods......new floor.... which is where my question lies.

I am slowly in the process of building a new floor. I love the look of the stock bench seat but it has always sat a little too high since the chop (that's why I don't wear baseball hats anymore). I have a feeling that when the floor is done that I will have to severely modify the stock bench seat or go with buckets.

I have access to an entire interior out of a 65 T bird but I am worried that I might loose that 50's Kustom look with 60's interior.... I really don't want my car to be "confused" when done.

What ya think?
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->