Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 Merc build update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EXK, Nov 26, 2009.

1. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

2. rokcrln

rokcrln

Very nice workmanship you have going on!

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

3. Need your imput on this wild center console, You like it or you donot like it for this merc. I know it's a little wild but so is the car. We are using bucket seats up front and a bench seat in the rear. Wanted some kind of kool floating center console that accented the body mods so i came up with this idea. I modified 2 55 buick bumper butites and rolled a tapperd cone to form this console. Its not finished but you can get an idea of what it will look like. I plan to make the bulites removable so they can be chrome plated with the main tube painted. I also plant to make it open and the shifter will be coming through it also. Oh i also plan to cut 4 1/4" wide slots in the main tube front to rear straight across from each other and inserting a colored plexiglass making short finnes on both sides with a light inside that will make the plexiglass glow in low light. Thanks, Rick Erickson
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attached Files:

4. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Wow ! i looooove your radical style Erik ! :eek:

Thanks a lot for sharing those construction pics... fuckin inspiring ! :cool:

5. jfrolka

jfrolka

i like your idea for the center console... fits the body

6. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Sick! I love it !!

7. i dig it!!! As for the Buick parts out back, I love it too..will the exhaust be exiting through the bullets on the bumper?

8. Hey Thanks Luck and everyone for for the good words on the console.

For the exhaust we are not 100% for sure how we are going to do it but probally simulare to this one we did many years ago.

Rick Erickson

Attached Files:

9. Love the console. Fits perfect with the style of build.

Fishtails belong on motorcycles at best in my opinion so I am not digging the exhaust idea at all but then again it's not my car so who cares:D

10. HAZERUNNER

HAZERUNNER
    from california

Everything looks sick,no exuast tips though,:)

11. sinks88

sinks88

Id run the exuast right out the front fenders, the rear is so pretty that Id leave it....plus with all the tight work and Im sure an increadible interior the pipes wouldnt even bother ya.....so to sum up, my 2 cents, get creative out the side....sinse the front and back and too sweet to mess with

12. sinks88

sinks88

actually lookin at the rear corners, you could probably hide em right between each step between the bumpers

13. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Yes Yes Yes Like it? More like Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Damn....this thing screams SICK CUSTOM! Saw this back in Nov..glad to see the progress! Nice work!

15. What do you think about doing the exhaust something like this one we did a few years ago ?

Rick Erickson

Attached Files:

16. HAZERUNNER

HAZERUNNER
    from california

that looks sick but whats a 3 inch pipe gonna look like on the side,i know that motor needs to breathe

17. mikes51

mikes51

If you run flamethrowers those fishtails sure sculpt a nice flame.

Those assymetrical fishtails are pretty original in that previously posted pic.

18. Maybee run two 2"dia pipes right on top of each other. Simular to that candy orange carson top Olds my father did. At the moment i can not find any pics.

Rick Erickson

19. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

bitchin work as always......

20. sinks88

sinks88

Ya thats def. cool, but you've done that, right? .....

Well, what if you were able it route it a bit diferently, like creating ports like the buicks but down lower, or angled from behind the front fender towards the ground.

kind of like "custom" gasser style...where as there is more fit and finish.

you might even be able to use your "Scoop" ideas as ports?

21. jfrolka

jfrolka

-1 on the fishtails... how bout hide the exhaust as the body's metal work speaks for itself

22. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I think it would look nice to have one round exhaust pipe exiting thru the purple rear pan between the chrome bumpers and the license plate. The fish tails "conflict" with the beauty of the Dagmars.The beautiful bumpers and the Dagmars should be the focal point with the exhaust as a subtle accent.

23. HAZERUNNER

HAZERUNNER
    from california

Im leaning towards round 3 inch exhaust out the back between plate and bumper

24. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I've told ya before. You can do no wrong. In the end it all looks good.

25. SLEDLORD

SLEDLORD
    from OC

Hey i remeber that rad Olds. The twin side pipes looked sick and i bett they rapped hard. You got my vote for twin side pipes. The ass end is sick just the way it is. Did one of the guys from old school rides buy that Olds from you ? It looks like the same one they have on thier website.

26. WOW.....GREAT METAL WORK!!! Thanks for all the picz! cw.

27. So Sick! Crazy Skills On The Metal Work! This Is Gonna Be 1 Mean Ass Merc!

28. SLEDLORD

SLEDLORD
    from OC

Hey!!!! any updates I need to see more

29. HAZERUNNER

HAZERUNNER
    from california

30. Yep !!!! Here is what I came up with for the exaust. We gave them a sleek tear drop shape hope you like them

Oh the rear end has been narrowed 4 more inches so wider rear tires will be no issue.

Attached Files: