Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 Merc build update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EXK, Nov 26, 2009.

1. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

wow!!!! there are so many kick A$$ build threads on the hamb right now

The front end of that thing looks so wild! I'm glad you held out for the grille. Its gonna be slick!

2. Reminds me a great of this Merc that belongs to a club brother, Dave Pareso, "ckustoms", here on the HAMB. Been on the road for 15 years or so, and in a few magazines.

Johnnie.

Attached Files:

3. ckustoms

ckustoms

really nice metal work on that merc, tha customer ought to be real happy with that. that frontend design seems to be pretty popular lately. was in denver awhile ago and seen another one indentical to mine..dave

4. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I just had to come back for another look. Simply Badass Bro!

5. Dave,
    You need to post some pictures of your truck.

Chris

6. Hey Dave thanks for the good words. I have always liked your merc for some reason. The split Pont's & Buick head light design must have been popular 15/20 years ago also.

Attached Files:

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Kool idea Rick!! Who says that everything has been done. I love your grill idea and
    Kan't wait to see it mounted in the Merc.

Happy Trails,

Mick

8. It took me way longer than i thought to find the 55 Ply grille for this build. So my customer was getting impaticent and wanted a grille in his merc. We talked about some other options and he also likes the look of a Vett grille. But now he is favoring the Vett over the 55 Ply. If i do a Vett grille for him i plan to use 2 of them so i can lengthen it about 10" and add 1 more tooth on both ends to make it a 15 tooth and mybee even add another tooth betwen the 15 teeth making it a 29 tooth grille. What grille do you think would look better in this build the 55 Ply or the Vett. Rick

Attached Files:

9. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I'd love to see that 55 Plymouth grill go in just to be a different from the Norm.

10. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

looks good, definitely 59 cad caps coupe deville, with a diffrent center cap?? craZY front end.well done son!!

11. I'm voting for the 55 Ply just because I want to see what it looks like. I have never seen one on a merc.

12. T. Scott

T. Scott

GOOD JOB!!! this is fantastic, not that you need anyones aprovel but really, really damn nice work!!

13. Hey everone thanks for your imput on what grille to use and all the good words. I still plan to finish the 55 Ply grille and mount it anyway with hopes my customer realy likes it. I will take a few pics of it mounted and add it to this post.

If you are having a hard time imaging what a Vett grille would look like in this build here is an example of one i did a few years back. The only thing i would due different to the vett grille would be to lengthen it about 10" and add 2 more teeth and use no bullets on the ends. Rick

Attached Files:

14. HAZERUNNER

HAZERUNNER
    from california

That vette grill has been done but it is bad ass,the plymouth i have to see it in,i do like that i havent seen it in a merc before,i appreciate you showing me what it will look like with both:)

15. super rat racing

super rat racing

awesome work!planning and execution!

16. I forget :( to post some updated pic's of the rear so here thay are.

Attached Files:

17. HAZERUNNER

HAZERUNNER
    from california

18. HRod 50

HRod 50

WOW! WOW! Freakin WOW WOW! Rick stp posting these pics. I'm going to want to change things on my car... Dang it...

Rick it looks awesome..

19. Ok here's a few pic's of the 55 Plymouth grille I tweaked now mocked up in the mouth of this 49 build.

If we decide to use this grille I plan to make 1 more pie cut on booth ends pices to angel them a little more than you see here but you should be able to see where I am going with this grille. Rick

Like it ????

Do not like it ????

Attached Files:

20. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Oh Baby!!!! Thats pure Sex on wheels!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

21. flat34pu

flat34pu

looks a little high

22. HRod 50

HRod 50

:eek: WOW! :eek:

Freakin Awesome!!!!!!!!!

23. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Merc Hovercraft!

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Kool!!

Still think that it was a good idea to put the Merc center piece between the
    plymouth grill. Kool to see new "old style" ideas, proof that everything hasn't
    been done. Love the shape of the pan matches the shape of the grill.

Keep us posted.

Happy Trails,

Mick

25. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

26. Looks great. Really goes well with the bumper treatment!! Nice work as always!

27. Thats a big YES as far as liking it. good lines.

28. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Very nice. I am wondering what you are doing to the wheel well openings. I like the lip you have on them.

29. Looks mean. What colour is it going to be?