Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '49 Jimmy Gets Some New Shoes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NealinCA, Apr 25, 2011.

1. NealinCA

NealinCA

I needed to take a little break from messing with old Ford JUNK...so I gave the Jimmy some much needed attention. It's been stitting in the corner of my shop for nearly 2 years. It's only been out once or twice since the RPU has been on the road. The bed had become a <NOBR>storage rack</NOBR>, the old bias ply whites were nearly bald...and the dust and cat prints were getting pretty bad.

[​IMG]

So I gathered up some old crusty American D-slots...

[​IMG]

Had them polished and got some new blackwalls mounted up...

[​IMG]

It's not the 1st time I've changed wheels on this truck...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I liked the caps and whites...and it had been that way for a long time...but it was time for another change...

Neal

2. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Thats a rare thing for me. They all look good on there.

3. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I'm wayyy picky- but I like every combo shown! Good taste always shows!

4. thats a sweet lookin truck you got and every set of wheels gave it a new look (all good). how many of those sets of wheels you still got??:rolleyes:

5. sololobo

sololobo

I am in a rut, love the steel wheels and moon caps and the full wheel covers the best by far. I have always thought mag style wheels are for race cars. Neat Jimmy bro, love the push pad. ~sololobo~

6. NealinCA

NealinCA

The mags won't stay forever...but I've owned the truck for 30 years...so I gotta make some changes now and again.

Next I want to have a set of 16" steel wheel made up to take stock GMC caps...but that could be 10 years down the road...

Neal

7. Racrdad

Racrdad

Good stance and nice color, there isnt many wheels that wouldnt look good on it.