Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 49 ford Gambino notch kit completed... Pictures!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ian Berky, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx Homie!!

HAHA!! Thanx man!!

Right on Omar!! I told you i could put it back together:D!!

:D:D I'm gonna start a thread when i have more to show!! I got the A pillars done and im almost finished with the passenger side B pillar. I got the driver one finished.

Thanx so much Studeboy!!

2. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

ian yur kickin ass bro !!!!!!! you make it look easy

3. 40chevythrowensparks

40chevythrowensparks

your work looks awesome.... ive pulse welded parts on my tractor that sees atleast 10000 pounds almost every day and have never had a prob...your shit looks good to hell with all the nay sayers...

4. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

This means the world to me Alex!! I look up to you and you're my biggest inspiration so thank so much bro!! And Happy birthday again...... Your new grille is sick!!

Ian

Thanx so much man!! Thanx for the heads up on the pulse welding, hell to those guys!!

Ian

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

super gnarly. nice work.

6. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx shooter54!! I can't wait to show you guys the chop!! Next week!! Just finished the other B pillar!!

Ian

7. Your work and notch looks great along w/ the chop,I used the same kit on mine....did you do any sheet metal work on the rear yet? I completely cut out my wheel wheels cause of the tire I ran... I'm gonna start mine I just don't want it look like a prostreeted muscle car...

8. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

great work dude .....

9. yblock292

yblock292

Just bought one last friday got tired of my hobart breaking down all the time, kinda like you it seems on auto set it feeds to fast.

10. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

thanx man! i'm gonna finish the door tops then jump on the trunk. if you look at my pics im gonna do what i did on my chevy and it doesnt look street rod. good luck

than you

autoset blows

11. my47soto

my47soto

Brotha you are officially my new role model, once I get another tank of gas and get back to welding I will have to make sure my welds live up to yours. You got nice penetration and no splatter thats good shit, keep up the good work:cool:

12. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Im glad i can inspire you!!:)

I also get inspired a great deal by others work!! Keeps you motivated IMO.

Thanx so much man!!

Ian

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Hunh?

[​IMG]

I gotta say looking at those welds, they are pretty, but I'm not so sure about the penetration you guys keep talking about.

15. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Alright, First of all i do get great penetration and its welded inside and out, It is absolutely safe and I had somebody who fabricates and welds for the aircraft industry look at my work and there is nothing wrong with the welds, so you ZIP IT !! Come and talk to me if you see me at a car show....PLEASE!!

16. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

How's the ride coming along Ian? It's getting the interior in it right?
    Hope you guys have a safe ride back to Cali.Post up some pics whenever you get a chance.
    Laters

17. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Hey Muncie, check out the update pics in the thread jeff started a while back!! the car will be shipped back to Cali!!

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

ahem, Bullshit... it was all explained in your "let whine about getting called out on my welds" thread that got deleted. And after your little bullshit on my thread I'd rather not talk to a little immature kid like you. Grow up before you get someone hurt. Those welds are junk and you know it....

19. Peter Mc Mahon

Peter Mc Mahon
    from Ontario

20. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

WOW!! Nobody's gonna get hurt and I know it!! I can't wait to see you at a car show one day!! I looked at your website.... not too impressed!! You don't like me and i don't like you let's just leave it at that!! BOOM DONE!!

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

wow, I haven't updated that thing in a while, probably close to 2 years, oh well. I'm to busy doing it for real. Not trying to impress you. You obviously care more about it. Those welds are not good, you know it, it was explained to you in the other thread a few times. You choose to poke your head over in another thread and make a stupid comment. So yeah, now I don't like you. But it's not done. Those welds aren't good. If you want your welds to look like TIG welds, get a damned TIG welder and learn to weld with it. If you want to MIG, then do it right. That's what this should be about, not you getting all butt hurt because someone pointed it out.

22. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

im with ZMAN here, im wary of those welds, i dont believe there is enough penetration there for the work you are doing.

as for the guys praising your work saying it looks good, you guys obviously have no idea how to mig weld correctly - in the case of welding no point in it looking good if its not done properly.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  23. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

that was the consensus in the other thread that got deleted. sucks that it got deleted there was some good info as well.

24. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Cool im going cheeck it out:cool:

25. THE SHOP

THE SHOP

I know I don't know any of you fuggers, but I found this thread trying to find a thread of guys competing with their welds. I love welding, and I didnt read the whole thread, and don't hate me for my constructive criticism, but for a first build, cool! But here's my 2cents on rear suspension, being that the front is pretty cut and dry, but rear is an art form. I think way too much was cut out of trunk for nothing. Could have been some trick sheetmetal work, and only enough to clear the tubes and stuff. I don't see pulse welding as an art form. Don't listen to anyone tell you that you need to tig weld a step notch. Waste of way too many hours. Maybe if body was off frame, and you had nothing better to do with your time. Mig weld with enough practice can come out perfect! I can make welds look pretty good with a mig! As for 4 link bars themselves, if making link setup from scratch, is worth tig welding, especially if using some good metal like chromoly or even DOM. The important thing here is function. If pinion angle stays true throughout suspesnion cycle, and bags don't bind up funny, youre in good shape. 1 thing I would have done different is, I would have used a tapered sleeve firestone bag in rear. about 1000 less pounds of capacity per bag = super smooth ride!!!! Like cantilever link setup when installed properly!!! Good luck! I like shoe boxes! I just finished linking one. I'm not tooooo fond of 2 links, but I just finished 2 linking one, barely touching trunk floor or notching, using a tapered sleeve bag cantileverd on lower link bar, and it lays low on 15's! barely any cutting, no under back seat alterations, perfect pinion angle! All about the trade secrets!!!! (Might not be the lowest shoebox in the world, but I didnt destroy the OG sheetmetal!!!) worth its weight in gold not cutting too much! = Satisfied customer!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry bout all the pics. been dying to show off my work! lol

26. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Nice work any inside shots of the notch on the shoe? I'm just trying to learn how it's done and hope one day to be able to maybe do my own.
    Thanks,
    Muncie

27. THE SHOP

THE SHOP

These are all mig welds as well on a step notch and a lower link mount I made today for a 57 chevy pickup

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

that bike rack looks cool as does the gold shoebox. nice work.

29. very nice work, can't wait to see it finished

30. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009