Register now to get rid of these ads!

'49 Ford body part question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakeamar, Jul 3, 2012.

1. jakeamar

jakeamar

What is the rear apron below the deck lid between the two rear quarter panels suppose to look like? Does anyone have a picture of a stock one with the bumper off? I potentially might need this body part. Mine was customized and cut up by the previous owner. Thanks.

2. fms427

fms427

I don't have a picture. but piece below the trunk lid is a fairly simple piece - I think EMS makes repros. Then,of course, you have the splash apron between that piece and the bumper - I don't think that is reproduced, but probably available used, as it usually doesn't rust as badly. Mine is molded together, so a picture of mine won't help you much. Hope that helps a little........

3. smarg

smarg

4. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

ems makes a stock one and a custom one and its been some time since I did a 50 there is also a inner piece with body mount.Ps dont do like my dumb ass did ,dont cut the old one out till you tac weld each side together with a piece of flat stock Trust me it will spread apart:confused:

Attached Files:

5. ems customer service

ems customer service

we also have a full roll pan too

www,emsautomotive.com

the ems guy

Attached Files:

6. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

In the event you are talking about the rear splash valance and NOT what they mentioned above. Know there ARE different ones. Early 49s were slightly different where they wrap around the quarter panel and had different mounting holes in the quarte panel. later 49s are similar to the 50. 51s had a step in them to fit the co tours of the new bumper.