Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 chevy bumpers need help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jetcitysicko, Jan 28, 2006.

1. jetcitysicko

jetcitysicko

Hambers,
    I'm looking to get a set of bumpers for my 49 chevy. I have 2 sets of good cores, a complete grill assembly, a license guard, a large trunk guard, and a small trunk guard to use a trade in cores. Does anyone know someone in WA or a reputable company I can ship to who sells nice bumpers?
    Secondly, I am also looking for a good front an rear gravel pan as well. Any know of any I can get aftermarket or used?

Cheers.

2. I bought my 49 one peice rear Bumper-from a place in Spokane I think....Their user on ebay was:"Restoration Chrome".
    It was a nice peice and a fair price and required a core[I had 3 pc core]

3. Kustm52

Kustm52

Bob Boyd in Chetopa Ks at Ph 620-336-7445

I have not bought from him in a few years, but he's probably still in business. He will rechrome your cores, or can provide you with what you need... had a lot of '49 - '54 chevy stuff. I have been well pleased with his work.. the plating is not what I would call "triple show chrome", but for the price it was great.. The best I remember I had a complete '52 grille, front and rear bumpers, and guards done for $1100 or so.. that included him providing me with a few extra grille teeth. But that was several years ago...

What really impressed me was I sent him the parts, he plated them, and sent tham back to me before I paid.. he said he wanted to be sure I was satisfied before paying..

Brian

4. jetcitysicko

jetcitysicko

Thanks for the tips guys...I'll check them out.
    Now about those gravel pans...?

5. Neatname

Neatname
    from Spokane WA

Hey man...the front gravel pan...is that pan that goes underneath the radiator? If this is so, I know where there a couple that are used, probably in better shape, I can go look at them this weekend for you. Let me know.

Zach