Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 Chevy 3100

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Grizleebears, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Grizleebears

Grizleebears

Hello....new here I would love y’all vast knowledge on my 49 1/2 ton 3100. I inherited this from a great great uncle bought new in 49 who most definitely used as a work truck built in his own tire rack in fender with a ball peen hammer ha ha. My uncle n I started to revive this truck my original 216 imploded so I put in a 235 I believe is a out of a 53? Mid build my uncle passed. Okay so question I have currently have a disability that won’t allow me to drive the stick n not cause I can’t but not able n I really want to drive my rusty beauty. I just put brand new 235 is there anyway I can put an automatic tranny in this without changing engine that one has about 3hours on it ...thank you

2. Welcome to the HAMB!
    I put a T5 from an 86 Camaro (S10 T5 will work also) on my 235. I don't know for sure, but I would think that an automatic would be a do-able swap as well.

3. Grizleebears

Grizleebears

Thank you! I am gonna try for a automatic trans.My current disability it’s to hard to shift for me I really want to drive my rusty beauty {oscar} hopefully soon ! I would think anyone car or truck from 49-62 would work they are really hard to find for sure. Thanks again !