Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 caddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MetalFlaked60, Dec 21, 2003.

1. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

A man here in town has a 49 cadillac for sale. It has a 331 v8 (runs), little rust, original wheels and hubcaps, and he wants $300 fer it. Oh yea its a more door. What do ya guys think is it worth it?

Attached Files:

2. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

It runs, and looks fairly complete in the photo...

...if you're wantin' a cool vintage Caddy for cruisin'...I'd say it's well worth it!

(If it were here, I'd consider buying it for the motor alone!)

In the end, it's up to YOU! If you want the car, you gotta decide what it's worth to ya!

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yeah, it'd make a cool cruiser...however, let it be known that Caddy aftermarket stuff is VERY expensive (I'm talking rubber, windshield, trinket stuff, some mechanical)...if the car is complete and you can work with what you've got without buying extra stuff...then that price is well worth it...

Currently, I'm working on a '48 Cad Sedanet (two-door fastback)...and have it torn all the way down to the bare shell...lots of money to be spent for what was mentioned above!!!
    R-

4. FEDER

FEDER

Hell Yea!! chopped dropped and black---Feder

5. [ QUOTE ]
    (runs), little rust

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you heard it running?
    Will it move under it's own power? Or was it parked because the tranny Puked?
    Are the brakes seized?
    Have you examined the floor,rocker panels,and frame for rot?
    How long has it been sitting on the ground?

6. 300 sounds DAMN good to me... here in Cali some old shmuck would want 3000 for it. I'd say if you like it, get it... if it doesn't work out, I'd say you've got more then 300 bucks in nice parts at least on that...

7. johndanger

johndanger

its cheep , if I found one I would keep the motor , grill ,dash , hubcaps and any other cool parts and sell the rest off , as was said earlier , the parts to put it back together are gonna kill ya , take the good stuff and sell the rest to a restorer , I am not too exited about 4 doors , but my first car was a 53 cad sedan and it was a great car. That thing would not die and was fast as hell , thats why I will be building a Cad motor for my roadster.

8. geemann51

geemann51

If you do get it to part out, I'd like to throw my name in the hat for the taillights. Keep me in mind, thanks.

9. looks more like a "partser"- to me- [find one thats nicer] for your build car......

10. fishtank

fishtank

I've seen that car. It's got it's fair share of rust but is very complete. It even has an lod spot light on it. $300 is not a bad price.

The owner also had a 53 f100 he was getting rid of awhile back.

11. DrJ

DrJ

I think it's either just a parts car, or the perfect candidate to two-door and then build "Cadzilla II" out of!

12. Well if it was by me it would be in my garage already!!! 300 bucks for that is like stealing it!

13. I work with a guy that's doing a 49 sedanette. I'm sure he'd love some parts off'n it.

14. caddyman65

caddyman65

I had a lady who offered to give me a 49 caddy 4 door for free.It would have cost more to fix than it was worth, and i dont have a place to keep a "parts car"so i passed. Look at what the market value is on that car and ask yourself can you fix it up for that..if it`s not your dream car then wait

15. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Hey Rocky you say you're putting a Hemi in a friends 49 sedanette? wow I'm in awe!
    I still have those two buick sedanettes (47 super and 48 roadmaster) that are rust free and perfect floors. can't seem to give them away.
    that 49 cad would have to be done over like Peters "Queen Mary" as in HAMB CHOP number 1 [​IMG]