Register now to get rid of these ads!

49-52 Chevy with radiused rear fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blacknblue, May 8, 2013.

1. Boones

Boones
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

blackn blue. no frame changes. I relocated the rear springs inwards about 2" (I used a Walton Fab spring kit and flipped the rear mounts side to side and then moved the front mounts in equal amount. I did have to move the inner fender on the outer edge (there is about an 1" gap between the fender and inner fender (see pictures on my link). The rear end is a Maverick 8", perfect width. The rims are Real Rodder 8" trick (full reverse) with 15x8.5x29 rears Hurst

its tight but clears everything

2. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

Does anybody have a side profile shot of this car? The Plymouth tail lights look cool.

3. blacknblue

blacknblue
    from utah

boones, thanks for the link. It will help a lot. I think I have decided to go a similar direction. I have a 56 Chevy rear end I am going to use. It should still work. I won't cut out the fenders, just the inner panel,to provide the extra space for tire clearance.

4. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

5. Boones

Boones
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

blacknblue, redoing the inner fenderwells adds about an 1" or more of clearance, especially if you rework in the inner lip. I plan to raise my inner fenders up next winter (would have done it this year but I plan to convert it over to a droptop and want to makes sure the top fits first (but I hope to raise it about 2" and then also redo the trunk side of the inner fenders to get a more squared off (right now the factory ones tapper in as the go towards the rear. I ultilmately want to run a 275/60 or so tire under it

the 56 rear will be fine, you might want to move the mounts in (if you want to go with a wider rim (just different offset) to get the rim centered over the hub.