Register now to get rid of these ads!

49-52 Chevy interior ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leadsled51, May 9, 2004.

1. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

I know, an interior? Sorry, but some of us have wives that dont like noise and gasoline fumes. Here is the question........do you have to put the headliner in before you put the windshield in? As noted in the subject, this is for 49-52 Chevys.

2. shoebox72

shoebox72

I know on a 2dr hardtop all the edges of the headliner are tacked to a tacking strip that goes all around the inside of the roof. So on a hardtop no. I cant remember off the top of my head about the sedans tho. if you take the front garnish molding off the windshield look & see if there is a tacking strip just above the windshield rubber, I think there is but I can check 1 of the 4 I have at my shop tomorrow just to be sure.

Billy

3. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

off the top of my head, i don't think so. i took the one out of my 50 pontiac and was careful so as not to ruin it so that i could have one made for it, and i don't think i had to screw up the front edge to take it out. pretty ure it's just tack strips.

4. fatluckys

fatluckys

It should just be tackstrips under the trim. You don't have to put the headliner in first, but it might be easier to do it without the glass, if you have a choice.

5. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

It has a tack strip, so I guess the windshield can go in! I was hoping that I wouldn't have to put the headliner in now. Thanks everyone!