Register now to get rid of these ads!

49-52 Chevy car builders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FONZI, Jan 15, 2009.

1. FONZI

FONZI

It appears that nobody re-pops hood hinges. I am thinking that another used set will have the same issues as mine. What have you guys done? Are they typically worn out? Mine seem to be a bit bent and loose. Do I just straighten shim/washer them? What have you done?

Thanks

FONZI

2. John Denich

John Denich

I hit the hinge revits with a hammer and it seemed to tighten them up a little! They have been on the car for 17 years and seem tight.

John

3. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Almost all of the hood hinges I have seen or come across have been worn. the only thing you can do is hit the rivets and or shim them.

4. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

dont forget to check the shoulder bolts that hold it to the hood ,the holes get elongated and sloppy , you can new bolts from national chevy , --joe

5. R Pope

R Pope

The holes were worn on my '54, I brazed them up and reamed them with a Dremel, work better than new.

6. John Denich

John Denich

OH ya I bought some new shoulder bolts from the Car Shop in Orange that helped too.

7. FONZI

FONZI

thanks evryone. I do have new sholder bolts and springs. If anyone has a nice set of hinges let me know.

Thanks