Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 -51 Lincolns, lets see them.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Busted Knuckles, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Ive searched on here and turned up virtually nothing on these cars . Were any of them done up back in the day? I know the Merc body is the same from the firewall back. Looking for any and all pictures , stock, custom ,2dr, 4 dr. Thanks

2. StrickV8

StrickV8

mine and my pops 50. hope the thread produces a lot of pics. these classics are overlooked by many.

Attached Files:

3. here's one I found this past summer.

Attached Files:

4. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

3:4 frontal.jpg Sweet! I've been waiting for this thread! I've had her 2 years. Body mods were done back in the 80's. Previous owner installed 350/th400. I installed new wiring harness and lots of bulbs, switches and guages. 65 chevy truck steering wheel, 4 wheel wilwood discs, Jamco leafs, wheels and tires and primer white. She'll be pearly white someday. Dummy spots are now mounted inside on the kick panel and hold speakers.

5. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

What was done to that white one , removed trim , shaved?

6. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

7. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

small version of yvette with lincoln.jpg
    yep...nosed, decked, side trim, door handles. All the chrome around the grille... front bumper moved in 1.5" bumperettes gone, center section of grille removed, then both sides pushed together, narrowing it. frenched 59 caddy taillights w/clear lenses, and dual frenched antennas, one on each side.

8. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

9. westcoaster

westcoaster
    from SoCal

Attached Files:

10. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Come on down to my house.

11. Garage Concepts

Garage Concepts

Here’s my girl, I picked her up 3 months ago from NV. Everything is stock from what I can tell. She has a 350 small block out of a 1972 GMC truck, I have big plans coming up.

-49BULLY

12. Garage Concepts

Garage Concepts

Plans/ Bags, Shaved,Framework and paint

-49BULLY

13. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Thats a sweet looking ride ! dig the 2 tone paint. How about some interior shots?

14. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

51 Lincoln

Attached Files:

15. old beet

old beet

I have that same side trim on my 49 Merc. It is rare 1951 Lincoln "Lido" trim. Fits so well!.........OLDBEET

16. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

I thought this thread could use a revival seeing I plan on buying a 50-51 Lincoln.

17. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

18. check out my webshots and their is a "custom" one that was in hot rod nov. 62' updates on this car soon.

19. This is the only pic I have...
    [​IMG]

20. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

there were two body styles...don't know if anyone mentioned that. the Cosmopolitan, and the "baby" lincoln, which went by a few different names....that's the one that's basically the same as the merc from the windshield back. here's mine: it's a work in progress. seems like forever!

got rid of the dumb coon tail...don't know why i though that was a good idea:eek: future plans are to chop (motivated now since some asshat broke my rear window at the Road Rockets show this year...bastardas) and to re-ring the 429 caddy we put in there last winter. then lots of body work...then paint.
    [​IMG]

got more somewhere...

21. Rikster

Rikster

I Really like this one except the Lake pipes and the painted headlight bezels.

[​IMG]

22. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

Going to go look at this one this weekend..

Attached Files:

23. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

My neighbor has a 49 baby 4 door in his garage he's rebuilding. He's got a dual pot intake for it and some other stuff all done but he's very slow. He got his engine back 3 years ago and it hasn't moved since. It is painted and sitting there.

Is the spare motor he's got worth having? I can get it I suspect but I don't want to sink a million bux into it. It isn't stuck but it sat in a yard in Philly for 30 years because the PO dropped off the car for a new gas tank and then never came back for the car. It was pretty rotted but he brought it home and saved what he could. One thing was the motor and it will spin but never tried to fire it.

I'll try to get pics if he's home this weekend. It is off white.

24. Garage Concepts

Garage Concepts

Here's my progress...

Attached Files:

25. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Does your buddy have the tranny attached to the engine? Either way, a running one can bring some good money. I sold mine to fund my 429 cad transmission rebuild. I stuck it on ol' ebay and got good money for it since it was a runner.

26. Here mine. got a 400 SBF on it with C6. Rust Free but nees interior, rakes sorting and a rewire for the summer. Supposed to be a Cosmo but it has a split screen so i don;t know

Attached Files:

27. Attached Files: