Register now to get rid of these ads!

49-50 Mopar guys window help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cody440, Sep 8, 2010.

1. cody440

cody440

Alright. Ive ordered a from a few different places now for a back window gasket for my car. Everyone of them the window will push right through the the car.Its almost like the gasket is an half of inch short on all the way around. Someone who knew the car before i had bought it said it was a 50 body but still i have done some research and the next window in 4 inches wider and longer about. Anyone ever experience such a problem? Automotive stud posted something a while back but we didnt get any further

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I did as well with my '48. It's been many years,so I can't remember who I ordered it through, but just as you said, the window was so loose, it could be pushed in. I solved it by getting some of the bulk Auveco rubber from Space Age paints in Mesa, AZ., cut to length, and glued the ends with super glue, done. All of auveco's stuff has year ranges on it, so just get what you need. By the way, I don't know if it will work for '49 and later car, but a VW Karmann Ghia rear window rubber works great for a windshield in the earlier cars.