Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 48 Pontiac sold to someone in Sweden last week

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pontiac, May 31, 2016.

1. pontiac

pontiac

There was a flat black 1948 Pontiac 2 door project that sold last Wednesday on ebay. I was told by the sellers it was sold to someone in Sweden, and I felt I needed to try to find out who bought the car. I was hoping the person is a member here.. The listing was very vague, I just want to let whoever bought it know that the sellers were not very honest about the condition. I called and spoke with the seller, who was super nice, but was very dishonest about it's condition. Fortunately, I'm only 80 miles from it and went and looked at it.

The frame under the car is rotted out - not just a little hole here and there. There were sections gone that were 4-6"in length. The door bottoms are completely gone. Floors are very rough, as is the trunk pan, and inner fenders. There's a lot of body filler covering rust in this car. Also, it stated that the motor was in good shape and run good. Yes, it runs, however, the engine block is cracked and leaking antifreeze. That's what the splotchy paint looking spot is on the drivers side of the engine, just below the head is. (engine picture). It's JB Welded.

I brought these issues to their attention when i went and looked at it, but they didn't seem to care. They never updated the listing. They insisted that I make an offer while I was there, because they just wanted rid of it.

My apologies if this is wrong for me to post here. I wouldn't have posted this if I knew the person was possibly going to personally pick the car up, but since it's going to Sweden.. I felt I needed to post it somewhere. I know at $3000 for the car plus shipping to Sweden you can find a much better starting point. Not to mention... true car guys don't do these things to others.

I contacted ebay to try and get a message to the buyer,

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    Orn, FinnishFireball, Hnstray and 3 others like this.
  2. pontiac

pontiac

This was the car if the buyer happens to come across this post.

s-l1600.jpg