Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 48 Ford shaved... Where to put the poppers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DrivenDead, Apr 8, 2014.

1. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

Hey guys, looking for some advise on where to put the poppers on my 48 Ford Tudor sedan. Seeing if anyone else has put them in and where they put them.

I was thinking of mounting them to the same wall that the hinges were on, but not sure if it will work

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

If your talking the spring poppers that's where I mount them. I will use the stiffest ones, and sometimes they might need to be shaved down a tad depending on your door jamb tolerance. Make sure you you check the inside of the door some places are better than others to mount the popper

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Older guy locally has a pretty nice '46 Business Coupe, shaved the handles, I told him about the poppers.
    He said he didn't need 'em, both door jambs were sprung from them swinging past the door brakes, and would 'pop' open when released. I said we could fix that, he said "Yeah, so I can need those poppers?"

Some people...most of 'em live right here...

4. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

Well after many conversations, the door jamb seems to be the best space, guess we'll find out!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!