Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 ford coupe Parallel leaf install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T Achilli, Feb 4, 2010.

1. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

Finally gathering parts for the chassis on my 48 ford, I have mutileaf nova springs with cal trac bars for rear suspension and plan on boxing the frame I am looking at chassis engineering mounts, anyone use these or any other suggestions, also is there any problems with the rear section of the frames tweaking at the rear spring mount over time from use or higher horsepower applications. What rear axle width (drum to drum)would work best.

2. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

Boxed frame with parallel leaf kit from Chassis Engineering would be just fine for most street applications. How much horsepower are you talking? The Chassis engineering kits are tried and true... easy install, decent ride and simple. There are a few tricks you can to to nail the stance and eliminate the use of blocks, which will further help ride and performance.

3. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

I have a flat top 406 chevy With older cast iron ported bowtie heads mid .550 solid cam, no induction yet, th350 manual valve body, probably not the most street freindly package but its what I got to use.

4. You will never be dissapointed with any CE kits. Well made, clear instructions and great tech help if needed.

5. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

have installed a few c.e. kits way to go .