Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 fleetline master conversion?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gmpartsgod, Jan 30, 2012.

1. gmpartsgod

gmpartsgod

Need help and advice.want to convert stock master to late model dual master with booster.low budget as always.car is stick so has that funkie clutch pivot master cyl.i at least want to put in a dual master.new parts are not a problem to get but tech help is what i need -b a d-....any gurus out there ??

2. Bolt pattern and master is the same from '54 back to at least '40, the same kits and conversions that gut the stock master, add a bracket and hang a modern one out behind it for the 49-54 cars will also work on 40-48 cars, at least for a manual brake master.

3. Yes, you will need to build a bracket and match bore size to maintain stock feel. I'm in the process of doing my '47, but not using a booster. Just one less thing I need to worry about and I don't mind the manual brakes.

Your car should have a 1" bore (40-52s). New MC from Fenco Brake, part no. NM1505. This is a drum/drum manual brake MC. The application is for a 1968 Chevelle with a 3.8L 6cyl. engine. Note: there are dozens of other application for this same PN. I have not started this project yet, just doing research, so confirm your parts before buying. But the info. I have seems to be correct.

Looks like you can get them from Auto Zone