Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 F1 interior

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Midwest Rodder, May 15, 2011.

1. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

I'm getting close to working on my interior on my 48 F1 and I am still deciding on what to do. I have been thinking on making up some door panels but then wondered about just painting the steel panels. What have you guys done to your interiors? Posting up pics would help me a ton. This is a low dollar build for this year, I am leaving the body untouched until next year but the drive train and interior is being done this year. Post up your pics and give me some ideas please!

2. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

Good question. Im getting close to the same problem myself.

3. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

4. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

I'll post some of the wife's f-1 as soon as my grandaughter gets off my desktop...

5. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

Im trying to figure 2 things out about it.

First- How do the panels clip on or attache on the back of the cab?

second- How would someone make panels that will conform to the curves at the sides of the back of the cab?

6. I'm going with painted doors. I've always liked that look.
    I'm going to try to heatform some sheet abs for a headliner, we'll see how that goes!
    I beleive there are holes for the clips in the metal channels, plus the edges of the cardboard headliners, etc. also had trim screws.

7. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

The metal channels on my truck are just bare metal. I planned on drilling some holes and attaching the pannels that way. Ive thought about using ABS or Poliethylene or something of the sort by cutting it to the correct height, putting some heat to it from from a paint stripper and hoping it works out. I havent really found any information on how to do it out there as of yet.

8. fleet-master

fleet-master

I've seen an article in a mag not tooo long ago where a guy basically laid a fibreglass skin over the outside of his roof (can't remember what kinda vehicle it was). This gave him the shape of the headliner.
    After he removed the skin, it was cut in quarters , trimmed and fitted in place to check for fit ....removed and glassed together then trimmed in cloth or such and final fitted in place.
    This is all from memory but ...as I've described it this kinda thing would poss work well on a relatively small pickup cab .
    If i was doin it myself I'd be sure to drill holes in the fibre insert to allow ventilation of the underside of roof skin.
    Hope this is helpful PB

9. I did my own interior/ headliner....I made panels from masonite and aluminum and covered them. I did a build thread over on the F.T.E. site, not sure if it's OK to link it or not. Pm me if you want....

[​IMG]

10. 23dragster

23dragster
    from U.S.

We had a 49 F1 and just painted the inside. I don't have pics of the inside, but it turned out decent. If you want to drive it around everyday, a nice leather or vinyl padding of some sort is nice if you bump your knees once in a while. It also cuts down on the interior resonance; which is kinda nice.

11. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

What did everyone use for materials on the parts that actually curve? Like next to the rear window?

12. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Ok, Here we go....(I forgot to post the pics)

Attached Files: